Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OH keeps hearing an ad on local radio that advertises a heater that heats for 1 cent an hour running costs. Has anyone heard of this too good to be true gadget????

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
probably a 25w bulb in an empty Heinz baked bean tin, there is a similar cooker which is a 25w bulb in an almost empty Heinz baked bean tin.

There is also a heater that runs on "tea-lights" under an upturned flower pot

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
it might be one of those ceramic panel heaters. They are supposed to really cheap to run.... last place I saw one was AKI

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
it might be one of those ceramic panel heaters. They are supposed to really cheap to run.... last place I saw one was AKI
But they don't heat much - we had one in our separate WC 5ft x 3ft back in UK but it was barely enough to stop the cistern freezing.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I remember learning in physics that if you stir a cold bath of water vigorously it will eventually heat up until it is a really nice hot bath. Only problem is that it will take around 10000 years...

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I remember learning in physics that if you stir a cold bath of water vigorously it will eventually heat up until it is a really nice hot bath. Only problem is that it will take around 10000 years...
maybe..... but more reliable than the malevolent gas water heater we have

1 - 8 of 8 Posts