Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Madrid near the airport for staying 2 days. I plan to make a trip to Aix en Provence (FRANCE) but we´ll have to make a short stop in Spain.

I´m not looking for 5 stars or the cheapest (wierd stuffs always happen in cheap hotels - I know this from personal experience)

Or maybe a Web site where I can find a few good deals

Thanks

Alx

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Madrid near the airport for staying 2 days. I plan to make a trip to Aix en Provence (FRANCE) but we´ll have to make a short stop in Spain.

I´m not looking for 5 stars or the cheapest (wierd stuffs always happen in cheap hotels - I know this from personal experience)

Thanks

Alx
Booking.com: 201,926 hoteles en todo el mundo. ¡Reserva ahora tu hotel!

Why do you want a hotel near the airport?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
301 Posts
Last year we did a 6 week tour of Spain and Portugal, we were only in Madrid for 2 nights before picking up a car at the airport for our driving tour,,, We chose to stay more in the centre of things.. Hotel Carlos V It's a Best Western.

I would stay where there is access to nice restaurants, the Buzz around the squares and don't miss out on a trip to Mercado San Miguel.

On our last night before a VERY early flight home we spent a night at a airport hotel and got the metro in for our last evening in Spain. If our flight wasn't so early, 5am ish We would have chosen to overnight in downtown Madrid..

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
That´s a good question. I´m not completely sure. I figured that I should stay near the airport because I´m only going to spend two days there. But at the same time you´re right because, hotels should have their own shuttle service. Right? or No!

Thanks

Alx
Still don't understand.
Do you mean that you'll be coming to Madrid or Spain from France and then flying out and that's why you need to be near the airport?
Either way, if your flight's not too early in the morning, I'd definitely stay somewhere in Madrid rather than by the airport. You could stay near a metro or bus stop that'll take you to the airport. I don't think many hotels will have a shutlle service to the airport, but you have the option of taxi or bus or metro.
Info about the bus. Where it says donde te lleva it indicates the nearest metro and city bus stops to the airport bus stop
Línea Exprés Aeropuerto. Inicio
And here's the metro map. The line to the airport is line 8, the pink one
http://www.metromadrid.es/export/sites/metro/comun/documentos/planos/Planoesquematicoingles.pdf

Ahhh, hang on a minute - you're flying in from Panama or the US, staying in Madrid a couple of days and then flying on to France???

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still don't understand.
Do you mean that you'll be coming to Madrid or Spain from France and then flying out and that's why you need to be near the airport?
Either way, if your flight's not too early in the morning, I'd definitely stay somewhere in Madrid rather than by the airport. You could stay near a metro or bus stop that'll take you to the airport. I don't think many hotels will have a shutlle service to the airport, but you have the option of taxi or bus or metro.
Info about the bus. Where it says donde te lleva it indicates the nearest metro and city bus stops to the airport bus stop
Línea Exprés Aeropuerto. Inicio
And here's the metro map. The line to the airport is line 8, the pink one
http://www.metromadrid.es/export/sites/metro/comun/documentos/planos/Planoesquematicoingles.pdf

Ahhh, hang on a minute - you're flying in from Panama or the US, staying in Madrid a couple of days and then flying on to France???
Yes, We´re flying from Panama to Madrid to France.

Thanks very much for the info. It´s very helpful.

Alx

·
Registered
393 Posts

If you have to be close to Barajas -- or just need to sleep ASAP when you arrive -- the Ibis Aeropuerto is fine. We've stayed there many times and it's nothing special, but always clean and comfortable. One block away there is a good restaurant/bar called Al Traste. The airport location is not convenient for exploring Madrid, however.
ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas hotel: Book a hotel in MADRID

I can also recommend the Ibis Madrid Centro, as it's close to the metro and on a quiet, pleasant street near shops and restaurants.
ibis Madrid Centro hotel: Book a hotel in MADRID

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have to be close to Barajas -- or just need to sleep ASAP when you arrive -- the Ibis Aeropuerto is fine. We've stayed there many times and it's nothing special, but always clean and comfortable. One block away there is a good restaurant/bar called Al Traste. The airport location is not convenient for exploring Madrid, however.
ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas hotel: Book a hotel in MADRID

I can also recommend the Ibis Madrid Centro, as it's close to the metro and on a quiet, pleasant street near shops and restaurants.
ibis Madrid Centro hotel: Book a hotel in MADRID
Thanks a lot for the hotel info. Woow! Madrid is a beautiful city.

Alx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts