Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'd like to ask a weird question. I'm moving to Dubai next October (my girlfriend already lives there) and I'm going next week to Dubai for 10 days on holidays.
I need to book a hotel for 10 days but I am bit scared to choose a hotel that doesn't allow visitors to my room.
So, do you now some hotels where I can bring my girlfriend to my room few times without any problems?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
She is sharing apartment with 3 more girls and we both guess that it is not a good idea to stay there for 10 days in a row.
How can I activate private messages?
Most of the sprawling hotels are fine and most on SZR will only ask for ID, however book a room for 2 and both check in. You are highly unlikely to have a problem - just be discrete and don't hold a wild party.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
There are lots of tourists that come as single couples and never have an issue. Notice in the article the man involved caused a fuss in a DYKWIA manner and was probably ratted on for that as opposed to a dedication to the law. Nearly every "horror" story I hear about this subject has similar circumstance.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,147 Posts
There are lots of tourists that come as single couples and never have an issue. Notice in the article the man involved caused a fuss in a DYKWIA manner and was probably ratted on for that as opposed to a dedication to the law. Nearly every "horror" story I hear about this subject has similar circumstance.
That and a bored security guard!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
That and a bored security guard!
Much more likely to be pissed off rather than bored. This takes a bit of motivation to make happen which is usually lacking around here. And I've never seen one of these cases where they said a security guard reported someone because they suspected they weren't married, it always has some other story that makes the police take a closer look.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Rent an apartment via AirBnB.

You'll have complete privacy and not need to worry about hotel security or ID checks. This is probably the easiest and most "secure" option. Just make sure to book a legit property (one with many reviews verifying the property).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello TallyHo. I checked Airbnb but prices for individual apartments are too high. Now in August 4 and 5 stars hotels in Dubai are really affordable.
In my opinion Airbnb in good to use it in Dubai only in High season, when hotel prices are expensive.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Rent an apartment via AirBnB.

You'll have complete privacy and not need to worry about hotel security or ID checks. This is probably the easiest and most "secure" option. Just make sure to book a legit property (one with many reviews verifying the property).
Not entirely true, Security can (and will) ask you for ID.

Remember CID pay Security Guards here for info.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Thinking about all the hotels I've visited and stayed at in the UAE, I don't recall any security guards being stationed near the elevators, and there's so many non-guests milling around going to restaurants and bars, it's not easy for them to pinpoint guests smuggling in outside guests.

As long as you look like a couple you'll be fine.

If you're a middle aged pot-bellied Indian chap with a moustache and your girlfriend is a 6-foot blonde Russian wearing a glittery stars and stripes dress and you come stumbling into the lobby at 3am, then you might arouse some suspicion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.