Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a website with a list of hotels, pictures of the rooms and a review of them with the possibility of booking a room?

I don't want to look for a room my first day in Bangkok but I don't want to end up in a hotel room without air conditioning or a private bathroom. I am also concerned about credit card fraud, so I would like to deal with a reputable website.

Thanks,

Bulgakov

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a website with a list of hotels, pictures of the rooms and a review of them with the possibility of booking a room?

I don't want to look for a room my first day in Bangkok but I don't want to end up in a hotel room without air conditioning or a private bathroom. I am also concerned about credit card fraud, so I would like to deal with a reputable website.

Thanks,

Bulgakov
I found this website Thailand Hotels - Large selection of hotels and resorts in Thailand. Has anybody used it previously? It seems very good.

I am looking for a clean and reasonably price room close to public transportation and easily accessible. Do you have any suggestions?

Bulgakov

G

·
As I said above in my first reply, - I use asiarooms.com where you can narrow down your search in a city to a particular area.

Which area of Bangkok are you interested in - one close to the nightlife, eg Sukhumvit? River view? Near to the Skytrain?

What do consider reasonably priced?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I said above in my first reply, - I use asiarooms.com where you can narrow down your search in a city to a particular area.

Which area of Bangkok are you interested in - one close to the nightlife, eg Sukhumvit? River view? Near to the Skytrain?

What do consider reasonably priced?
I am interested by the nightlife but I also want to visit during the day. I would prefer to be close to nightlife and public transportation such as the Skytrain. It is my first time in Bangkok, so I do not know exactly what I want to see but I would like to see as much as I can. I am staying for a month in Thailand. Reasonable price is difficult to define, so I would say that I want good value for the price. I want a clean hotel with air conditioning and a private bathroom but nothing fancy.

Thanks,

Bulgakov

·
Registered
61 Posts
www.taipanhotel.com not expensive 3++ stars hotel. I use to send many friends there, all was very happy with service and food. Also hotel is located near sukhumvit MRT station and ASOK BTS.
You'll not miss if you'll choose this one.
Good luck!
Mindaugas

G

·
Another recommendation - Le Fenix (3*+) on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

My wife and I usually stay there - the rooms are excellent, but in particular I like their security system. The only access to the hotel is from the ground floor by elevator. The elevator only works with a current room pass.

24 hour security monitors people accessing the lift. Any bar girls accompanying guests have to leave their ID with security. It is only returned to the girl after security has phoned the guest to check that everything is ok.

It's 5 minutes to BTS Nana (skytrain), and it's close to the nightlife. No noise.

·
Registered
142 Posts
sawasdee.com /// I use it all the time, happy with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.