Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have my parents coming over early April and I am looking to treat them to a nice day at the beach.

I know the Hilton used to do sunlounger/toilet/shower/pool facilities with access to the beach for non-residents by means of a day pass, but they have stopped doing so.

Can anyone advise me which hotels are still offering day passes which allows the use of their facilities - situated on the beach?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I will have my parents coming over early April and I am looking to treat them to a nice day at the beach.

I know the Hilton used to do sunlounger/toilet/shower/pool facilities with access to the beach for non-residents by means of a day pass, but they have stopped doing so.

Can anyone advise me which hotels are still offering day passes which allows the use of their facilities - situated on the beach?
They must be the only ones that are not?

One & Only Royal Mirage is very nice, located just to the side on the palm..

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Sheraton and Habtoor Grand will do it, Habtoor tends to be overun by overweight middle aged Russians but the upside is there partners are a lot younger and a lot slimmer!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Almost all of them. Sheraton in the marina is ok for 150, at the other end Dubai marina hotel and spa is not bad either for 180, I've been told the one and only is pretty nice too I think its about 190.

If you want a real treat why don't you head out to the world islands - Lebanon is open now and it is a beach club. Expensive though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. Got these so far:

Ritz Carlton - 500 per day
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi & Westin - 175 (week) / 250 (weekend)
Part of One & Only: The Palace & Arabian Court Pool & Beach - 300
One & Only palm island: 350 (weekday) / 500 (weekend)

Think the Westin wins.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The westin is good as you also get access to mina seyahi/barasti area next door too. The Westin has got a good variety of pools and the water in the lazy river area is always kept nice and warm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The westin is good as you also get access to mina seyahi/barasti area next door too. The Westin has got a good variety of pools and the water in the lazy river area is always kept nice and warm.
Thanks Felix that's just confirmed my decision then! It's not that I'm tight (well I'm still Dutch lol) but one Westin beach pass + Burj Al Arab high tea in Sky Bar = not that much more than One & Only beach pass!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.