Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

I need your advise on something. I usually go out with my family on fridays usually its long drive or visit to a shopping mall or corniche, My son is 2 1/2 year old and loves going out however would it be wise to take him out afternoons during these times considering the climatic conditions???

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Have plenty of water, parasol type thing for shade, and good suncream! And don;t just stay out in midday heat. Just been for a walk and its is rather strong sun!

·
Registered
109 Posts
we brought our son (2) to Jumeirah beach last weekend. We stayed for a few hours and left probably by 2:30/3. We have an umbrella so he could be in the shade. He loved it and could go in the water when he wanted to. In the really hot months we try to stay inside after noon and then he can play outside for a bit after 5.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
i wouldn't be so excited about taking such a small (still small) kid neither being yourself on the summer sun in the afternoon... maybe he will handle it today, maybe tomorrow, but in July/August even in shade he can get a heat attack and that's bad... for yourselves don't forget the cancer risk... i find the sun a bit too much now... but up to you

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
I agree with Ella. The sun is too harsh for such a small child. I have a 2 and a half year old and he gets dehydrated very easily. Best to take precautions, go out after 5 in the evening. The days are longer now anyway, so it stays bright till much later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.