Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had my 2nd major surgery at university hospital in coimbra in 4 months.
Again superb care albeit some of the pre op procedures were a bit pre historic !
Today I received my bill of E48.90 !
It was itemised and most of it was for consultations. ,( E7.75 per consultation )
I feel I am very lucky to be in this catchment area for the hospital and can't praise it high enough.
Still waiting for bill number one though for emergency appendix op in May !
Kim

·
Registered
368 Posts
I also have had superb treatment at Comibra, both Covoes and University. Nurses are far more caring than in UK and doctors excellent. We are indeed very fortunate to live in the catchment area.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Hospital operation bills or hospitalization are generally only for the number of nights, no charge for care, operation or medication, bill you can pay online, I rather liked the postbox shutter used to transfer you from preop to sterile op areas:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes canoeman, the post box shutter was a bit frightening first time as I had no idea what was happening. Second time I knew exactly where I was going !!!
No pre op meds to calm you down in there it's straight in to the theatre with all lights blazing while the staff chat away to each other about god knows what while you are lying on the trolley praying they put you to sleep as soon as !!!
Kim

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Pre op at Coimbra HUC has a non sterile room, patients are transferred to sterile op areas through a lift up shutter so gurneys, non surgical staff etc stay in the non sterile area:)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well that's different! I hope never to experience it but at least I'll know what's coming if I ever do end up there.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Coimbra University hospital has one of the best reputations in Europe.
I am lucky to be treated there at the renal transplant unit.
Superb care, friendly and cannot do enough to help.

I have had two stays in the hospital at Santarem and the same goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts