Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Hornby OO train sets bought in the UK be used in France?

If any problems, what is the best way to solve?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
No there is no reason why not Obviously the transformers will need an adaptor or better still the plugs changing A search of ebay france shows the usual range of accessories wagons plus of course Hornby SNCF locos so it will be OK.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
OOOOH Hornby 00! I was given a large set of Hornby 00 at the age of 8 or so. I had a happy childhood and train sets played a great part in it.

DejW

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Has anyone got a Bachmann DMU Class 108 green with speed whiskers that they wish to sell Does not have to be a runner and if it is just one car I do not mind as I already have one end already

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Has anyone got a Bachmann DMU Class 108 green with speed whiskers that they wish to sell Does not have to be a runner and if it is just one car I do not mind as I already have one end already

Do you no what, as a little lad I was well into model railways and had loads locomotives. I sold them all (probably cheaply) when I got older. How stupid was I ? They now are worth some money now on Ebay.

OO gauge is fine in France. You also have N gauge as well.

I guess it is the transformer that might pose a problem. My boy has a TGV and the transformer that comes with it is cr&p. Talk about slow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OOOOH Hornby 00! I was given a large set of Hornby 00 at the age of 8 or so. I had a happy childhood and train sets played a great part in it.

DejW
Yeah, I grew up with dear old Hornby 'puffa' trains every Christmas and now thinking of a retirement nostalgic toy treat for those long wet, damp Brittany evenings. Chooo chooooo, choooo, chooooo.

While I'm here, anyone remember Raleigh Lenton sports bikes? You HAD to have one of these dream machines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts