Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be much appreciated as we are still trying to get our heads around the visa process.
We have finally decided we would like to go for it, we have talked about it for a few years now. My other half has family over there (only aunts and uncles so no direct family that will help our visa application) who have a 5 bed house vacant, jobs lined up for both me and dp, they also have 3 cars so we will be able to use one of these for the first few months until we are settled.
We have fallen out with my partners parents and sister over here so it will not be hard to leave them behind, but I am so upset about leaving my mum and brother :( but if we don't go for it we will probably regret it for the rest of our lives.
We have 3 dc's aged 6,3 and 2 so we will need to sort out schooling. I believe there is a school 5/10 minuets from where we will be living.
Is there anything we should know before we start?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
It would be much appreciated as we are still trying to get our heads around the visa process.
We have finally decided we would like to go for it, we have talked about it for a few years now. My other half has family over there (only aunts and uncles so no direct family that will help our visa application) who have a 5 bed house vacant, jobs lined up for both me and dp, they also have 3 cars so we will be able to use one of these for the first few months until we are settled.
We have fallen out with my partners parents and sister over here so it will not be hard to leave them behind, but I am so upset about leaving my mum and brother :( but if we don't go for it we will probably regret it for the rest of our lives.
We have 3 dc's aged 6,3 and 2 so we will need to sort out schooling. I believe there is a school 5/10 minuets from where we will be living.
Is there anything we should know before we start?
With what visa do you plan to make the move?

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
How do you intend to get a work visa?

Sounds like you are going to work for family, so are they in the position to apply for the necessary visa to the relevant Government department?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts