Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I Submitted my EOI on 14th May and was hoping against hope that some places would be remaining for the 22 May round. But aghast the ceiling reached on 8th May round so was wondering whether 2613 would show up again in next years SOL or not.
Did some research and found some useful data.
Would like other seniors to add in their expert comments on the same.

Every year the immigration department seeks advise from an advisory body regarding flagging or removing of any occupation from the SOL.
This advise is critical as this helps them decide as to which occupation is in high demand and which occupation has an oversupply of candidates and low vacancies and should be removed from the SOL.
The report is given to the immigration department around Nov-Dec of the previous year for next years inclusion.
If you check the link http://www.industry.gov.au/industry/...Employment.pdf

it is last years recommendation given to the immigration department.
As per the PDF what I can understand and gather is as below....
1) There is a list of occupations advised to be removed from next year
Summary of recommendations
Add
 3241‐11 Panelbeater
Remove
Accountants
 2211‐11 Accountant (General)
 2211‐12 Management Accountant
 2211‐13 Taxation Accountant

Flag (or continue to flag)
ICT professions
 2611‐11 ICT Business Analyst
 2611‐12 Systems Analyst
 2613‐11 Analyst Programmer
 2613‐12 Developer Programmer
 2613‐13 Software Engineer
2631‐11 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
 2633‐11 Telecommunications Engineer
 2633‐12 Telecommunications Network Engineer

So in a nutshell they have advise that ICT occupations should be flagged or continue to be flagged for next year. So there is a high chance as per my thinking that they will not be removed although there may be some cut in the no. of positions.
It is mentioned in the report
"The Department’s research shows that there is very strong competition from applicants who hold a
bachelor degree or higher qualification in an ICT related field for available jobs, and that employers fill their
ICT vacancies with ease. The Department also notes that some commentators suggest that shortages are
likely (or already evident); there is relatively high use of 457 visas in these professions; and an imbalance
exists between domestic and international students.
 It is important to weigh up the employment outcomes of graduates against any risk of shortages in the
longer term if a fall in overseas student numbers reduces new supply.
The Department does not make any recommendation about these ICT professions but suggests that they
be flagged (or continue to be flagged) for further monitoring."
The Department’s research169 points to a marked oversupply of ICT professionals. Competition for
vacancies is strong and, in 2014, there was an average of 49.9 applicants per surveyed vacancy (up from
31.9 in 2013) and 5.0 suitable applicants per vacancy (up from 3.6 in 2013).
The conclusion is as below...
"The Department’s research169 points to a marked oversupply of ICT professionals. Competition for
vacancies is strong and, in 2014, there was an average of 49.9 applicants per surveyed vacancy (up from
31.9 in 2013) and 5.0 suitable applicants per vacancy (up from 3.6 in 2013)."

Going by this I hope they do not remove the code 2613 from SOL as it will be really heartbreaking for people like us who have invested so much already be it monetary or mentally.

All the best to ALL of us.
Cheers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi friends,

I Submitted my EOI on 14th May and was hoping against hope that some places would be remaining for the 22 May round. But aghast the ceiling reached on 8th May round so was wondering whether 2613 would show up again in next years SOL or not.
Did some research and found some useful data.
Would like other seniors to add in their expert comments on the same.

Every year the immigration department seeks advise from an advisory body regarding flagging or removing of any occupation from the SOL.
This advise is critical as this helps them decide as to which occupation is in high demand and which occupation has an oversupply of candidates and low vacancies and should be removed from the SOL.
The report is given to the immigration department around Nov-Dec of the previous year for next years inclusion.
If you check the link http://www.industry.gov.au/industry/...Employment.pdf

it is last years recommendation given to the immigration department.
As per the PDF what I can understand and gather is as below....
1) There is a list of occupations advised to be removed from next year
Summary of recommendations
Add
 3241‐11 Panelbeater
Remove
Accountants
 2211‐11 Accountant (General)
 2211‐12 Management Accountant
 2211‐13 Taxation Accountant

Flag (or continue to flag)
ICT professions
 2611‐11 ICT Business Analyst
 2611‐12 Systems Analyst
 2613‐11 Analyst Programmer
 2613‐12 Developer Programmer
 2613‐13 Software Engineer
2631‐11 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
 2633‐11 Telecommunications Engineer
 2633‐12 Telecommunications Network Engineer

So in a nutshell they have advise that ICT occupations should be flagged or continue to be flagged for next year. So there is a high chance as per my thinking that they will not be removed although there may be some cut in the no. of positions.
It is mentioned in the report
"The Department’s research shows that there is very strong competition from applicants who hold a
bachelor degree or higher qualification in an ICT related field for available jobs, and that employers fill their
ICT vacancies with ease. The Department also notes that some commentators suggest that shortages are
likely (or already evident); there is relatively high use of 457 visas in these professions; and an imbalance
exists between domestic and international students.
 It is important to weigh up the employment outcomes of graduates against any risk of shortages in the
longer term if a fall in overseas student numbers reduces new supply.
The Department does not make any recommendation about these ICT professions but suggests that they
be flagged (or continue to be flagged) for further monitoring."
The Department’s research169 points to a marked oversupply of ICT professionals. Competition for
31.9 in 2013) and 5.0 suitable applicants per vacancy (up from 3.6 in 2013).
The conclusion is as below...
"The Department’s research169 points to a marked oversupply of ICT professionals. Competition for
31.9 in 2013) and 5.0 suitable applicants per vacancy (up from 3.6 in 2013)."

Going by this I hope they do not remove the code 2613 from SOL as it will be really heartbreaking for people like us who have invested so much already be it monetary or mentally.

All the best to ALL of us.
Cheers.
There is no way they are going to remove that, ITs one of the most demand occupation and the government is earning millions . I think they will increase the positions and fees too ( that they have already done ) . Yes once you guys get those and you come here then there is steep ladder and struggle to get the job under those. Good they remove Accountant position i have seen people really struggling under that particular position since many years.

·
Registered
664 Posts
There is no way they are going to remove that, ITs one of the most demand occupation and the government is earning millions . I think they will increase the positions and fees too ( that they have already done ) . Yes once you guys get those and you come here then there is steep ladder and struggle to get the job under those. Good they remove Accountant position i have seen people really struggling under that particular position since many years.
You reckon IT is any different from Accounting in terms of demand in Australia man? I'm afraid not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think Accountant will be removed on the list as the immigration already announced last year that they have no plans to remove it for 2015 SOL, please see migration blog of immi.gov.au

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think Accountant will be removed on the list as the immigration already announced last year that they have no plans to remove it for 2015 SOL, please see migration blog of immi.gov.au
Sorry if the statement was more of pinch.
I just said that because of the hardship i have seen in the case of accountants from India searching for jobs here.
I am sure that its not going to be removed.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I knew few Accountants struggle to find an Accountant jobs at first, as employers prefer those who have local experience, that's why some of my friends ended up doing volunteer jobs and/training. I guess they will just lower the cap of those occupations foe next financial year.

Sorry if the statement was more of pinch.
I just said that because of the hardship i have seen in the case of accountants from India searching for jobs here.
I am sure that its not going to be removed.

Cheers

·
Registered
129 Posts
What is the problem in getting accounting jobs? Are there no jobs or too many good accountants there?

What is the salary range for accountants

I m CA going to Sydney in September i guess..do you mean to say that i will not get even an average kind of job to start with say 50-60k aud???

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You misinterpreted the immigration's remark. They never said it won't be removed from 2015. They just said there is no such decision made to remove after few newspaper posted in last november that its already removed.

I am 99% certain Accountants will be removed from July 2015. However i am not sure about ICT occupation.

·
Registered
730 Posts
They have been flagging some occupations for the past few years but have not removed any of them.

I don't think accountants will be removed. I also think that all ICT occupations will be included in 2015 SOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts