Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was deny to enter uk for the reason for my purpose (2008) . my visa is visit and our purpose is to settle. sound silly right? what happens is that i got a 6 months visit visa every year since 2006 and my husband was offered a job in uk. with no idea about immigration visa. he though that i can enter bcoz my visit visa is still valid and he said that he will process it when we arrived in uk. while we are in the airplane, i was busy with my 3 yrs old son and cannot fill up the landing card for foreigner. so i let my husband to fill it up for me and he did and i sign for it. i didn't check that he tick the purpose of enrty " Settlement". so, i was deny entry i don't know anything. to cut the long story short, i was granted a 4 days temporary entry and to leave the country which i did. it was just an honest mistake.

Secondly... in my country i applied settlement visa. and it was refused. they declared my marriage with my husband is void. becoz they found out that i have an existing marriage in my country. which i have a doubt because as i know that marriage back 1983 was not properly recorded and the guy is already marriage to another woman. and the technical thing is i got a no marriage record certificate. that's why i got married to my present husband. but, i respect their decision that is was wrong. so from 2008 up to present we tried to sort out the problem to dissolved my first marriage.

my question is ... now that the first marriage is out of way.. what we can do to validate our marriage. in order to get settlement ? can i apply for fiancée visa and get married again in uk this time? but i am already using my present husband's name. i am so confused please help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts