Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a British expat living in Dubai for 3 years . My partner is still living in UK in a rented property and she is not working at present .

We are considering buying that house. My query is regarding the ownership of that house. As I am fully paying for the house, can it be on my name only as an owner? Or it has to be shared ownership with both me and partner as I am not residing in UK currently?

I wanted it to be on my name only but not sure if its possible or not!!

Thanks for your time. Regards

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hello. I am a British expat living in Dubai for 3 years . My partner is still living in UK in a rented property and she is not working at present .

We are considering buying that house. My query is regarding the ownership of that house. As I am fully paying for the house, can it be on my name only as an owner? Or it has to be shared ownership with both me and partner as I am not residing in UK currently?

I wanted it to be on my name only but not sure if its possible or not!!

Thanks for your time. Regards
Providing you meet all Money Laundering regulations, something every property purchaser have to follow and which your Lawyer will advise, there should be NO problem to buy as you propose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Providing you meet all Money Laundering regulations..
Sorry I didnt get it ! So you saying that legally that house cannot be on my name only. Although I am paying for it, but as non resident I cannot solely own it ?

I understand that legally, either it will be on hers name as she is in UK or it has to be joint ownership ??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sorry I didnt get it ! So you saying that legally that house cannot be on my name only. Although I am paying for it, but as non resident I cannot solely own it ?

I understand that legally, either it will be on hers name as she is in UK or it has to be joint ownership ??

Thanks

NO, providing you comply with Money Laundering Regs, which everyone have too, YOU are allowed to purchase. Your Lawyer will explain the Money Regs which is quite normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.