Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know any serious insurance company providing a good service for UK citizen’s permanent residents in Spain or just Spanish residents?

I found plenty online (including big ones life MAPFRE, LINEA DIRECTA …. ) and read many commentaries made by people and I am at a loss. Seems difficult to decide which one will deal with you honestly and professionally in time of trouble.

Many thanks in advance

Yassen

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
My vote goes to Allianz. We have had our home and contents insured with them for six years now, and have made two claims (one for a break-in and one for accidental damage to bathroom fittings). Both were dealt with in exemplary fashion. There is a free telephone number to ring for claims and you can ask to speak to an English-speaking member of staff (and in my experience their English really was very good). They will arrange for any repair work which needs to be done using their own approved people, which saves the bother of having to contact firms to get quotea and ensures that things get done quickly. Our burglary claim was paid out in full 12 days after making the initial claim, they didn't ask for receipts for anything and even paid us €60 more than the amount of the claim as an ex gratia payment (they do this for claims under a certain amount, €3,000 I think - probably as a way of discouraging people from fraudulently inflating claims). All in all, very good service.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Ours is Vitalicio which we got through our bank. Recently, there was some sort of tornado or line-squall that damaged our new roof. Paid out without a quibble. neighbours had some difficulty with theirs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts