Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of arranging a home exchange with a family 3k from La Ciotat. We are a family of 4 with one daughter entering high school.
Anyone know about this area? Interested in an international school for my daughter, french lessons for my wife and I, trying to find out if we would enjoy the area for one year.
If you were going to home exchange there for one year from California, what would you be sure to take?
Thanks all.

·
Administrator
51,363 Posts
I've moved your post into the main France section. Le Bistro is mainly for chit chat and I thought maybe we'd attract a few more responses here.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you
Hi,

I know of a French school that is about 45 minutes away that has an international section. It's a state school in a good area that has a stream for expats or French children who speak very good English.

If you google international section parents network monod, you should find the parents network site which is really helpful.

Otherwise, there is a school called IBS which is in Luynes and is fee-paying. There, they have a mixture of French and English-speaking children too, but you can put your child in an entirely English-speaking stream where they only do international exams etc. In the other school, there is more French. It would depend on what you want!

For French lessons, you could look up what the local mairie do (the town hall). Often there are lessons for new arrivals.

Hope your home exchange works out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I know of a French school that is about 45 minutes away that has an international section. It's a state school in a good area that has a stream for expats or French children who speak very good English.

If you google international section parents network monod, you should find the parents network site which is really helpful.

Otherwise, there is a school called IBS which is in Luynes and is fee-paying. There, they have a mixture of French and English-speaking children too, but you can put your child in an entirely English-speaking stream where they only do international exams etc. In the other school, there is more French. It would depend on what you want!

For French lessons, you could look up what the local mairie do (the town hall). Often there are lessons for new arrivals.

Hope your home exchange works out!
Thank you very much for this valuable advice, I appriciate it greatly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.