Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rent or buy a Home Base in UK ? needed for trips back to UK longer stays
any ideas, suggestions ? 11 month lodge ?

email replies to hld 159 @ hot mail . co . uk

Terry
:ranger:

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
"simple" as the saying goes.. bolt hole in UK from hot summer sun and extended visits to uk, purchase a holiday lodge rather than a caravan
T :cool:
Why are you asking people to email you then?:confused::)

I'm still not sure what you mean. Its horses for courses, what ever suits you. We have a flat in the UK which we can use when we go back. I know others who just sold up everything and never go back. And others that go back regularly and stay with friends

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
You have to decide what you want Terry, If I were you I'd come over to Spain a few times and have a look, its a big country and you need to find and area that will suit you and perhaps rent for a while here???????? But I wouldnt do anything "final" like buying or selling until you know for sure its what you want and of course, house prices in Spain are still falling... so you have time.....

BTW, Spain is bloody cold in the winter, I'm already starting to feel the cold and getting the heaters, duvets, hotwater bottles, rugs etc out ready!! I was scraping ice off my windscreen last winter!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to decide what you want Terry, If I were you I'd come over to Spain a few times and have a look, its a big country and you need to find and area that will suit you and perhaps rent for a while here???????? But I wouldnt do anything "final" like buying or selling until you know for sure its what you want and of course, house prices in Spain are still falling... so you have time.....

BTW, Spain is bloody cold in the winter, I'm already starting to feel the cold and getting the heaters, duvets, hotwater bottles, rugs etc out ready!! I was scraping ice off my windscreen last winter!

Jo xxx
Hi Jo - Thanks for the info that's exactly what I have heard. People tell me they are Too hot in high summer and too cold in winter depends where they are exactly I suppose.. Hence interest in a UK bolt hole for these times also I'd like to maintain something in the UK "just in case"
Friends have told me where I can purchase a Holiday lodge with all facilities that can be used for 11months of the year in Cornwall - interesting
T
ps There are some grumpy B******s on this forum ! :eek:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi Jo - Thanks for the info that's exactly what I have heard. People tell me they are Too hot in high summer and too cold in winter depends where they are exactly I suppose.. Hence interest in a UK bolt hole for these times also I'd like to maintain something in the UK "just in case"
Friends have told me where I can purchase a Holiday lodge with all facilities that can be used for 11months of the year in Cornwall - interesting
T
ps There are some grumpy B******s on this forum
! :eek:

Honestly they arent grumpy Terry .... but sometimes posters (incuding myself and others on here!!) write something that seems clear to them but may not be clear to others reading it ..... :D Its a friendly welcoming place most of the time!

Sue :ranger:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly they arent grumpy Terry .... but sometimes posters (incuding myself and others on here!!) write something that seems clear to them but may not be clear to others reading it ..... :D Its a friendly welcoming place most of the time!

Sue :ranger:
Sue, thanks I now have a warm fuzzy feeling of being loved

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
:D:D well lets consider that a good place to be and start afresh!

Welcome to the forum Terry ... Im sure if you need anything specific help or advice people will be more than happy to help.

Sue :plane:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts

Hey, we love everyone Terry!!! I didnt understand your initial post, but I'm blonde and incredibly stupid LOL Welcome to the forum et al, nice to meet you!

Bottom line, I wouldnt buy anything in Spain at the mo cos property prices are falling, I think you shyould rent "ad hoc". So when you get sick of the UK and its climate, then come and rent in Spain for a few months. When you get sick of Spain then go back to good old Blighty... until such times as the market has leveled out and you know what bit of Spain is for you!!!??

Jo xxx

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
T

Bah
Humbug
I dont believe it
It beggers belief
etc etc etc

Thats got that out of my system.

The lodges sound as if they are on caravan sites .... I know a few near Evesham and the owners have to vacate for a month every year because the licencing doesnt allow them to be permanent residences.

But ... to be honest, they arent always that cheap from what I saw. After all, you can buy a two bed flat as a bolt hole in a reasonable leafy suburb of Birmingham for £60k at the moment .... I dont mean you should buy in Birmingham ... just an example

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bah
Humbug
I dont believe it
It beggers belief
etc etc etc

Thats got that out of my system.

The lodges sound as if they are on caravan sites .... I know a few near Evesham and the owners have to vacate for a month every year because the licencing doesnt allow them to be permanent residences.

But ... to be honest, they arent always that cheap from what I saw. After all, you can buy a two bed flat as a bolt hole in a reasonable leafy suburb of Birmingham for £60k at the moment .... I dont mean you should buy in Birmingham ... just an example
It must be Scrooge aka Victor many thanks !
I dont believe Politicians or Weather men are you either ? £60k ? Leafy Birmingham? an alternate universe perhaps ? :alien:

·
Registered
19,352 Posts
T
I think the problem might have come from your original post which was

Rent or buy a Home Base in UK ? needed for trips back to UK longer stays
any ideas, suggestions ? 11 month lodge ?

email replies to hld 159 @ hot mail . co . uk
I don't know, but it sounded like a grumpy B******* to me ;) :confused:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think the problem might have come from your original post which was

I don't know, but it sounded like a grumpy B******* to me ;) :confused:
Weve shared the love since then Pesky :love::love::love::love::love: Terry is warm and fuzzy and understanding now ... arent you Terry !! :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I get the feeling you're following me Sue!
lol :D:D as a Moderator I read every single post most days ... so I reply to a lot more than most I thnk ..... its not my style to stalk anyone honest!!!

Sue :love:

·
Registered
19,352 Posts
lol :D:D as a Moderator I read every single post most days ... so I reply to a lot more than most I thnk ..... its not my style to stalk anyone honest!!!

Sue :love:
Well, I'm going to the Greenland forum now. Just try to find me there!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.