Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, I am living and working as a hairdresser in Sydney, on a holiday working visa. I had a meeting with my boss this morning, and he has expressed interest in sponsoring me to stay. It is mid-May, and my holiday-working visa is up in August.
I was pleasantly surprised this morning when my boss offered this opportunity to me, and it is something I definitely want to consider. My only problem/issue is that I am planning on going to asia for a few weeks mid-july and head home (to Canada) in August. I own property and have two cats back home, so I would have to continue to rent out that property and tie up loose ends. If I am looking to get sponsored, and going from a holiday-working visa, to an employer sponsored visa, are there any rules, in terms of me leaving the country?? Is it ok for me to go home, and come back, and are there any time constraints or penalties on that?
I can't seem to find anything online that is clear about this issue. Please, if someone has an idea, I would love to know asap!
thanks a lot!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.