Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my husband applied for our uk spouse visa on october the 31st does this apply to me and hihttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/statementsofchanges/2013/hc803.pdf?view=Binarym

or do we apply under the old rules somebody please help

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Basically I was just wondering do we fall under the old rules or the new rules of the hmforces?
From page 1 of that document:

Implementation

The changes set out in this statement take effect on 1 December 2013.
The changes set out in paragraphs 1-9, 15-16, 22-26, 28-31 and 33-50 shall apply to all applications decided on or after 1 December 2013. Otherwise, if an application is made before 1 December 2013 and the application has not been decided before that date, it will be decided in accordance with the rules in force on 30 November 2013.
October 31, 2013 was before November 30, 2013 so your application will be adjudicated under the rules that were in effect on 30 November 2013.

Good luck to you. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From page 1 of that document:

October 31, 2013 was before November 30, 2013 so your application will be adjudicated under the rules that were in effect on 30 November 2013.

Good luck to you. :)
Thank you it is has been 14 working days hopefully not to much longer:fingerscrossed: everyday gets harder and harder when i dont hear something

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
It's very kind of the UKBA to put that clause in and even more helpful if you have all of your homework done and can get your paperwork in before changes take place... I was able to slip my Fiancée visa in just before last year's major rules overhaul and avoided having to show proof of £18.6k income and waiting 5 years for indefinite leave/citizenship.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's very kind of the UKBA to put that clause in and even more helpful if you have all of your homework done and can get your paperwork in before changes take place... I was able to slip my Fiancée visa in just before last year's major rules overhaul and avoided having to show proof of £18.6k income and waiting 5 years for indefinite leave/citizenship.
yes it was and i know thats why i applied in october to avoid the new changes so that makes me feel better =) just hopefully not to much longer =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.