Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had made an online application for fiance visa as a dependent of my fiance who is currently serving in ARMED FORCE on 13th March, 2015.After that I booked my appointment date to the VFS on 23rd April which stated that i need to pay $1381 (£885) for my visa processing. But when i went for the submission on 23rd April they asked me £1500. I was shocked. I knew about the changes after 6th April,2015 including the changes in visa fee. As per the gov.uk website it stated the updated fee was £956 but they asked me to pay £1500. They told me that my visa falls under the category "INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER AS THE DEPENDENT OF A MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES UNDER APPENDIX ARMED FORCES TO THE IMMIGRATION RULES". My question is that fiance visa is for 6 months and it is granted for leave to enter not indefinite leave to enter. I am confused.Please help.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I had made an online application for fiance visa as a dependent of my fiance who is currently serving in ARMED FORCE on 13th March, 2015.After that I booked my appointment date to the VFS on 23rd April which stated that i need to pay $1381 (£885) for my visa processing. But when i went for the submission on 23rd April they asked me £1500. I was shocked. I knew about the changes after 6th April,2015 including the changes in visa fee. As per the gov.uk website it stated the updated fee was £956 but they asked me to pay £1500. They told me that my visa falls under the category "INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER AS THE DEPENDENT OF A MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES UNDER APPENDIX ARMED FORCES TO THE IMMIGRATION RULES". My question is that fiance visa is for 6 months and it is granted for leave to enter not indefinite leave to enter. I am confused.Please help.
As a Fiancee you are applying for a Visa to enter the UK for a 6 month period, during which time you can marry and then apply for a further Visa (Spouse),which would then allow a further 30months to remain.The Fiancee visa should cost $1500 or thereabouts. Have you confused $ with £?, or has the Health Surcharge been added?
You mention Dependant of Member of Armed Forces, unless the rules for Military Personel are different as A Fiancee, dependant should not come into it. Is the relationship something other than Fiancee?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i went to the VFS office ,the staff aaked me to pay the fee. When i reached the counter they asked me which visa i was applying.i answered fiance visa. They aaked me what your fiance does ?i replied he is working in HM Armed forces. They asked me gor how long and the answer i gave was 4 yrs.so they aaked me to pay £1500. I am applying as a fiance and like you said we want to get married in uk and switch to spouse visa. But the fee they showed was almost double that what the online application mentioned. Please its urgent can you help?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks skyf for replying.i am applying for fiance visa as a dependant of my fiance who is workin in HM armed forces. I tried to convince the VFS office staffs that my visa is not a spouse visa but they denied to listened to me,their answer was they are given the instructions as such and they cannot accept the application with that fee. I asked them that they should have send me a mail about the updated fee but their response was i should be updated with the new rules. they were not helpful at all. Like i had carried only £885 but they were asking for £1500. So i couldn't submit my application. So i want to know the fee as i want to apply again. please help?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks skyf for replying.i am applying for fiance visa as a dependant of my fiance who is workin in HM armed forces. I tried to convince the VFS office staffs that my visa is not a spouse visa but they denied to listened to me,their answer was they are given the instructions as such and they cannot accept the application with that fee. I asked them that they should have send me a mail about the updated fee but their response was i should be updated with the new rules. they were not helpful at all. Like i had carried only £885 but they were asking for £1500. So i couldn't submit my application. So i want to know the fee as i want to apply again. please help?
If the VFS are convinced you should be applying for the spouse visa, this would explain the additional fee. The NHS Surcharge is payable when applying for a Spouse Visa.
Saying you are Dependant of your Fiancee does convey a Relationship rather more than just a Fiancee. It may be your understanding of how you feel about your Fiancee, however it may be the way you are using the word which influences the VFS and their opinion. Has your Fiancee made a statement which could confirm the VHS view? You must re-visit the precise way in which your application has been presented getting your Fiancee to submit a letter confirming your are not Married, and if needs be getting His CO to write also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If the VFS are convinced you should be applying for the spouse visa, this would explain the additional fee. The NHS Surcharge is payable when applying for a Spouse Visa.
Saying you are Dependant of your Fiancee does convey a Relationship rather more than just a Fiancee. It may be your understanding of how you feel about your Fiancee, however it may be the way you are using the word which influences the VFS and their opinion. Has your Fiancee made a statement which could confirm the VHS view? You must re-visit the precise way in which your application has been presented getting your Fiancee to submit a letter confirming your are not Married, and if needs be getting His CO to write also.
No we aren't married we are in relationship for last 33 months. Yes i have attached his cover letter as well as mine as well as from our solicitor.the problem is the fee. They put me downto the catagory only as my fiance is working in HM forces and application i filled was VAF-AF and appendix 2. Are the VFS members confused with the word indefinite leave to enter or its our? My solicitor contacted the Home office, new delhi. All they aaked us to make a new application and pay the fee vfs ask us. So we are in dilemma is it £956 or £1500. Sorry what does he need to state in his letter and who is his CO?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Function"Entry clearance, limited leave to enter or limited leave to remain in the UK where the route under or the basis upon which that leave is given may ... lead to a grant of indefinite leave to remain in the UK." Has three catagories
a.settlement:£956
b.settlement-other dependant relative:£2141
c.settlement-refugee dependant relative:£592
And the other function "Indefinite leave to enter or indefinite leave to remain in the UK." has three catagories
a.Indefinite leave to remain:£1500
b.Indefinite leave to enter the UK as the dependant of a member of the armed forces under Appendix Armed Forces to the Immigration Rules:£1500
c.Settlement - other dependant relative:£2141

My fiance is working in HM but the fiance visa is for leave to enter. I am confused with these two catagories. I think its the settlement as £ 956 but the vfs put the application under appendix Armed Forces.please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
If you are in relationship akin to marriage for 2 years or longer (cohabiting), then you apply for indefinite leave to enter if your partner has been in HM Forces for 5 years or longer. See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...e/391115/IDI_15_Section_2A_Final_05.01.15.pdf
The fee: Indefinite leave to enter the UK as the dependant of a member of the armed forces under Appendix Armed Forces to the Immigration Rules - £1,500.

So they are correct. The important thing is you already qualify for immediate settlement for cohabiting for 2 years or longer. This is a major deviation from normal family route.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are in relationship akin to marriage for 2 years or longer (cohabiting), then you apply for indefinite leave to enter if your partner has been in HM Forces for 5 years or longer. See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...e/391115/IDI_15_Section_2A_Final_05.01.15.pdf
The fee: Indefinite leave to enter the UK as the dependant of a member of the armed forces under Appendix Armed Forces to the Immigration Rules - £1,500.

So they are correct. The important thing is you already qualify for immediate settlement for cohabiting for 2 years or longer. This is a major deviation from normal family route.
Thanks joppa. I am in nepal and he is in the UK. I mean to say we are not cohabiting. We have met eachother and are in a relationship as a boyfriend and girlfriend. Does this still says we need to pay £1500 for indefinite leave to enter?because the fiance visa is granted only for 6 months . What shall i do? Because after i get to uk i need to get married as well as switch to spouse visa. Haveyou any idea what is indefinite leave to enter? Please make me understand. In my view i think it is a visa valid till your passport expires. Does multiple entrance comes under indefinite leave to enter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your visa has nothing to do with when your passport expires.
Thank you amyd. Ok taking all your views into consideration. I need to pay £1500 but for how long is the indefinite leave to enter granted? What happens after i get married in UK?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone. I just booked a next appointment at the vfs yesterday. We made an online payment of £956 under visa category settlement- marriage. I wonder if i can use the old form i filled like the appendix 2 and vaf af. I have passed ielts academic on 7th feb,2015 as well as PET. Can i use them both? Do we need the fresh new service letter? How can i show them a valid recepit of online payment? Talking about his payslips, his yearly salary goes around £21500. Do still we need to show his savings? If yes, how much? Please anyone list one the necessary document.please help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, everyone i m new one here, i m seeking some advice, i m serving in British Army since 2006, I had granted the British Citizenship, on 2011, which i had completed 5 years service, During 2012, i got married with my Mrs, in Hong Kong, she then apply for the spouse visa, which she granted 4 years spouse, from Jun-2013 to Jun-2017 , so would anyone here kindly give me some advice, if my Mrs 's spouse visa expired on 2017, does she need to apply another 1 year spouse visa to make her has 5 years residence in UK, then apply for ILR, or which route i should follow.
Many Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.