Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have rented a car from Diamond Lease for several months and will be returning it soon.

I have managed to suffer a few dents, as you do in Dubai. Should I try to get them repaired myself or cop the repair estimate from Diamond Lease?

The car is a Mitsubishi Galant. Any recommendations for repair locations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Bernie

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
The first thing you need to do is to make sure you have a police report for the accidents. Without it, you cannot get the car repaired (legally)! The report is required regardless of whether you get the car repaired yourself or let the rental company deal with it.

Depending on the type of insurance you took out, you will have an excess to pay, which would range from AED 0 (if you took out CDW) to a few hundred dirhams. The excess payable will be stipulated in the rental agreement. Personally, I would just pay the excess and let the rental company deal with the repairs. In all likelihood, the excess will be less than the cost of the repairs, not taking into account the amount of time you would waste if you decided to deal with this yourself. Their insurance will foot the bill for it. And considering the efficiency of everything in Dubai, why bother with the stress when you can dump the agro on the rental firm. They are used to their cars being returned with all manner of dents and scratches on them!

P.S If you are at fault for any of the accidents, there is a fine to be paid (courtesy of Dubai Police). Now, I don't condone lying but from personal experience, I would say that if any of the accidents were your fault, use your imagination and come up with a lovely hit and run story and avoid the fine and the hassle of having your license sent to another police station and then having to deal with a lot of nonsense and time wasting to get it back (after you've paid the fine of course)!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hire Car repairs

Thank you

The first thing you need to do is to make sure you have a police report for the accidents. Without it, you cannot get the car repaired (legally)! The report is required regardless of whether you get the car repaired yourself or let the rental company deal with it.

Depending on the type of insurance you took out, you will have an excess to pay, which would range from AED 0 (if you took out CDW) to a few hundred dirhams. The excess payable will be stipulated in the rental agreement. Personally, I would just pay the excess and let the rental company deal with the repairs. In all likelihood, the excess will be less than the cost of the repairs, not taking into account the amount of time you would waste if you decided to deal with this yourself. Their insurance will foot the bill for it. And considering the efficiency of everything in Dubai, why bother with the stress when you can dump the agro on the rental firm. They are used to their cars being returned with all manner of dents and scratches on them!

P.S If you are at fault for any of the accidents, there is a fine to be paid (courtesy of Dubai Police). Now, I don't condone lying but from personal experience, I would say that if any of the accidents were your fault, use your imagination and come up with a lovely hit and run story and avoid the fine and the hassle of having your license sent to another police station and then having to deal with a lot of nonsense and time wasting to get it back (after you've paid the fine of course)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.