Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Upon arriving in the Perth area please can anyone recommend a good company to use for car hire for a couple of weeks. Also, eventually would like to purchase a car but can someone please tell me whether or not it would be easy to obtain a car on hire purchase for example......even if I could prove income, would I be accepted having only just moved to western australia?
How does car insurance work in Australia, in that can i carry over no claims from uk to get cheaper car insurance.
Thank for your time.......

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi all,
Upon arriving in the Perth area please can anyone recommend a good company to use for car hire for a couple of weeks. Also, eventually would like to purchase a car but can someone please tell me whether or not it would be easy to obtain a car on hire purchase for example......even if I could prove income, would I be accepted having only just moved to western australia?
How does car insurance work in Australia, in that can i carry over no claims from uk to get cheaper car insurance.
Thank for your time.......
hello,

try thrifty or hertz, i rented out a car thru thrifty, cost me around 700 dollars for 2 weeks, gorgeous 2011 ford focus very clean and ice cold aircon.

also i purchased a car here on my 3rd week in OZ, - got an approved within minutes but if you could afford to pay it cash i would strongly recommend.

i don't think you could carry your no claims from the UK as i wasn't able to use mine from ireland, normally if you pay for your car registration there's a mandatory third party insurance - but you'll be better off taking out private for your own sake. i pay 57 dollars a month with Alliance..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for your reply. When you purchased your car was that a finance deal etc which you was approved for. Also, the hire car price would that include insurance?
Thanks for the info really helpful.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes it was the finance - i got approved with St. George Bank. and yeah insurance is included on the total rental price. there's no problem driving in Perth everything is pretty straightforward but traffic on the freeway could be daunting sometimes but not a major problem..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.