Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dilution of the English language with foreign terms in the UAE is here to stay. While it might irritate you to begin with, but with time you may not even notice that you've begun to speak a weird tongue. Dubai and UAE would have it no other way!

Give in to the madness! Jay Ho

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
The dilution of the English language with foreign terms in the UAE is here to stay. While it might irritate you to begin with, but with time you may not even notice that you've begun to speak a weird tongue. Dubai and UAE would have it no other way!

Give in to the madness! Jay Ho
Dilution of all languages has been going on since time immemorial. Nothing changes there. That's why we English enjoy Gateaux and Foie Gras for example - even though there is some friction between the lovely countries of France and England.

However, if you can speak the language with clarity and nativity, it will always be so much better for you in business and life in general.

In the same way that a certain Norman Tebbit argued that whether people from ethnic minorities in Britain supported the England Cricket team (rather than the team from their country of origin) should be considered a barometer of whether they are truly British (ie just because you have a British passport it does not make you British).

I really don't do copies or fake.

·
Registered
79 Posts
However, if you can speak the language with clarity and nativity, it will always be so much better for you in business and life in general.

What other languages do you speak, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not on this board he can't as we permit posts in English only....

;)

-
Sorry. Can you repeat that in English, please? In a faux politically correct kind of way, of course. Go on... ban me. It hurts. It really does. Do it more. In a politically correct way, of course.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Sorry. Can you repeat that in English, please? In a faux politically correct kind of way, of course. Go on... ban me. It hurts. It really does. Do it more. In a politically correct way, of course.
Don't be silly. Forum rules clearly states posts must be in English only.

-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you take classes for Arabic or just pick it up ? Wouldn't mind taking some classes if you guys have any recommendations

Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
No honey, it's Capello, and he's the English football manager, and why he'd be on the back of a broomstick in Dubai when we've just won 5:1 in London is beyond me.

You do make me laugh though Ms LaFolie.

X!

No offence meant from my side. Ever. And, yes, I really did mean Capullo. Look it up again. This time get your vowels right.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.