Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow expats !
I’ve been lurking for a couple of days in this forum, and thought I’ll write a couple of lines to say hello to all of you posters, and ask for some advice.:)

I have now lived for 6 months in a small village west of Paris, and am generally happy with my life living with my French partner here. Except (there’s always an except, isn’t there) that my social life tends to revolve around his friends and family, and I would be happy to have some of my own circle as well.

There is a huge variety of great social events for expats in Paris, but that is 40 km from my home, and driving and parking there by car is a nightmare! Therefore, I am wondering if there are any people interested in (as the title says) hiking, wining, dining or other simple and fun activities somewhere in 92 or 78?

I am already in contact with the local AVF (as someone with a donkey avatar suggested, thank you!), but would love to meet people in a less associative setting as well. A bit about myself, I am a Scandinavian female in my late thirties, no kids, and an enthusiastic hiker with a lot of free time in my hands at the moment, as I work from home (when I work…). I have lived in France previously, so am a fluent speaker, and have lived for many years in Asia as well.

I would be very happy if like-minded people would reply to this thread, or drop me a private message. I am open to organizing a hike in a country side setting if there are people interested.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And I have to say that your issue is quite common among those of us who have come to France to be with a French partner.

Glad to hear that you have found the local AVF. That's a good start in making some of your own friends in the area. You should also check your local mairie to find other groups and associations in the area (particularly hiking groups - the western suburbs of Paris are crawling with hiking groups!).

Not sure we can scare up enough folks in your area - our forum members tend to be scattered all over France - but there are a couple of meet up groups that are popular online, and often have English language outings. One of the most popular is On Va Sortir! Le site gratuit des sorties entre amis et des rencontres amicales dans votre ville where you can just post a date and time and a meet up spot on your own and see who shows up.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Bev for your welcome and your helpful advice! I will definitively look for hiking groups, and also have a look at "on va sortir".

Have a nice day:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.