Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am in the process of submitting my EOI for 189 subclass.

The thing that's confusing me is the Qualification. I entered all my qualifications in reverse chronological order - (MBA followed by B.Tech). Once I go to Page 10, under Education History, it shows-

"The client's highest claimed qualification is - Masters Degree (Other)"

I did my MBA in Marketing and did not get it assessed via ACS. My B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering was assessed positively by ACS.

Requesting the experts' opinion here on how to deal with this scenario.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Choose the "Others/ Non-AQF" option from the dropdown for your MBA and a closely related "AQF" (I think it has words like "Business, Science & Technology") option for the BTech.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guys,

I am in the process of submitting my EOI for 189 subclass.

The thing that's confusing me is the Qualification. I entered all my qualifications in reverse chronological order - (MBA followed by B.Tech). Once I go to Page 10, under Education History, it shows-

"The client's highest claimed qualification is - Masters Degree (Other)"

I did my MBA in Marketing and did not get it assessed via ACS. My B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering was assessed positively by ACS.

Requesting the experts' opinion here on how to deal with this scenario.
I don't see any problem. You always can edit and change while applying visa after an invite.

Wait for other people opinion as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Choose the "Others/ Non-AQF" option from the dropdown for your MBA and a closely related "AQF" (I think it has words like "Business, Science & Technology") option for the BTech.
Thanks KeeDa,

I referred to an earlier post of yours in the forum that answered the same question. I specified my MBA as Other-Non AQF accreditation.
B.Tech one was straightforward though..

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see any problem. You always can edit and change while applying visa after an invite.

Wait for other people opinion as well.
Indeed we can. My only concern was during the final submission my Masters (MBA) was shown as the highest claimed qualification. It would have been a contradictory information as nowhere was my MBA assessed by ACS. Now, I have it mentioned as a non-AQF qualification and my B.Tech is taken into account for claiming points.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
non-AQF for Master

Hi,

I am in same boat, I assessed from VET with my BSc, my MSc is irrelevant, should I select as "non-AQF" any real experience ?

Thx

Thanks KeeDa,

I referred to an earlier post of yours in the forum that answered the same question. I specified my MBA as Other-Non AQF accreditation.
B.Tech one was straightforward though..

Thanks again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts