Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to go France for my higher education. Can anyone suggest me about the best universities of France. Also suggest me various courses offers by France universities.

Thanks,

G

·
Perhaps it would help if you told us your nationality, interests, qualifications, French language ability, etc?

·
Administrator
50,441 Posts
If you're coming from the US, go to CampusFrance - Education en France - Study in France - Estudiar en Francia - Etudier en France - Study abroad in France - Centre pour les Etudes En France - CEF to find out about options for studying in France. The French university system is very different from the US system. Where you attend university depends on which program (i.e. major) you want to pursue.

In theory, at least, all French universities are equally good as they are centrally administered. (They are trying to change this, to allow for local autonomy, but it is NOT a very popular idea, particularly among the students.)

One thing you may want to consider is that generally you won't be admitted to a French university as a freshman (i.e. first year student) until you have finished the first year in a US university. In France, you enter directly into your "major" with no "general education" requirements like you have in US universities.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
594 Posts
Best universities are classified in the Top 100 made by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
No French Universities there, except Strasbourg number 92.
Top 500 World Universities (1-100)

Does not necessary means that they are not good. But ask yourself: Why France?

make your choice knowingly.

G

·
That depends which study you prefer to give credence to. Take the recently published World University Rankings (top 200) report from QS/Times Higher Education. There we see 4 French higher education institutions placed in the top 200, specifically:

Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris, ranked 28
Ecole Polytechnique, ranked 36
Université Pierre-et-Marie-Curie Paris, ranked 117
Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, ranked 126

Were the rankings to continue 200 through 500, no doubt more French institutions would figure.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yes thanks

Thanks Frogblogger, you're right

Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris, ranked 28
Ecole Polytechnique, ranked 36
Université Pierre-et-Marie-Curie Paris, ranked 117
Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, ranked 126

All these institutions are accessible upon far different selection criteria than University of Strasbourg for instance
Please inquire: ENS Cachan - Coming to ENS Cachan
Etudier-en-france.com, le guide des étudiants étrangers

keep searching, keep learning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.