Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with higher than normal DEWA bills?

Mine is 40% higher than normal and we know that we have not used more than the previous month. Wonder whats happening?

and to have it checked also it appears we need to pay them!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
My bill for the last month is just about double what I normally pay which is all the more surprising as in the last 5 weeks I have only spent 4 days in the apartment. It is obviously just a money raising scheme and another hidden tax on ex-pats very much like the mystery fines you get for supposed lane violations and parking. One of my friends got 2 black points and a fine for a lane violation whilst he was in the middle of a 3 week holiday in Canada.
As we say at work TANGO INDIA DELTA, THIS IS DUBAI!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Same here. Our bill has also increased last month. Still waiting for the new one to see if it was a system problem as stated in another thread on here a while back.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
I had the same prob last month as well. I was actually racking my brains trying to figure out why the bill was so high considering I hadn't increased my usage and am barely at home!

·
Banned
48 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Erm, yeah! If trying to fix it involves telling you it might be a meter problem and sending out an engineer who they will bill you for if they find that your meter is working, which of course it is!! Thereby ripping you off all over again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its a rip off; the engineer came in today & said its because of last ID holidays the chaps didnt come for checking so the bill is for 39 days.. still its too much.. I know another chap who normally pays 400 bucks- had a bill of 900 + ..incidently he was outa the country for 5 weeks. so its a universal jack-up..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Odd thing...................my DEWA was a lot more last month (AED2300), yet this month less than AED800.

Maybe it has been adjusted to account for their errors last month.....who knows

·
Banned
14 Posts
and I bet they seem to maintain status quo on the billing to cover up this error. Amazingly how the heck did they get the meter to run faster than earlier?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.