Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karen & myself John have just moved into the Tarn Region 85 ( Saix ) and we are looking to meet local ex pats in the area ?

·
Administrator
50,395 Posts
I don't think we've ever attempted to do a listing of who's where amongst the Expatforum members - but if nothing else, we can probably suggest any number of ways and places to meet up face to face with other expats in your area. In the meantime, please join our online gathering here whenever you wish (in the Bistro, if you don't have specific questions, but just want some company).

One often overlooked resource is your local mairie (town hall). The mairies here sponsor many of the local clubs and associations and usually have either a list or a little brochure with information about how and when to contact the groups.

Look for any group with the word "accueil" in the title - it's usually a newcomer's group - and keep a watch out for a group called AVF (Accueil des Villes Françaises). AVF is a newcomers' organization and, while not exclusively for foreigners, offers a great chance to meet both French and foreign neighbors.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Hi

Welcome to our forum. I'm a little to the south of you in the PO 66.

Please ask questions as they arise, we are lively, diverse and argumentative lot with all sorts of experience behind us.

DejW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.