Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Well I am new here and I need some guidance. I am an Indian girl presently living in Poland since one year and am willing to move Spain for some better opportunities. I need some local sites to find cheap accommodation at low prices for long term registration and also need some websites which can help me in finding a job. I am moving with my 2 friends. So, We can share room. Please help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Well I am new here and I need some guidance. I am an Indian girl presently living in Poland since one year and am willing to move Spain for some better opportunities. I need some local sites to find cheap accommodation at low prices for long term registration and also need some websites which can help me in finding a job. I am moving with my 2 friends. So, We can share room. Please help me.

Thanks
Most 'online' sites, either for accommodation or job opportunities are very unreliable. Those sites do not always reflect what is currently on offer.

Spain is a very popular country and as such, you will find it extremely hard to find "cheap" accommodation anywhere especially at this time of year.

You do not mention what type of work you would like. Don't forget that Spain still has one of the highest unemployment rates in the EU. Jobs such as bar work are extremely long hours for little reward.

The best thing for you and your friends is to arrange a long holiday in the area you would like to live/work and do some fact finding.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey!

Thanks Buddy. Well, I think I'll be moving to Girona. It's near Barcelona. I've been to FAQ's but couldn't find what I was looking for! :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most 'online' sites, either for accommodation or job opportunities are very unreliable. Those sites do not always reflect what is currently on offer.

Spain is a very popular country and as such, you will find it extremely hard to find "cheap" accommodation anywhere especially at this time of year.

You do not mention what type of work you would like. Don't forget that Spain still has one of the highest unemployment rates in the EU. Jobs such as bar work are extremely long hours for little reward.

The best thing for you and your friends is to arrange a long holiday in the area you would like to live/work and do some fact finding.

Steve

Hi...

Well, I would like to give English lessons or I can be a Nanny or a Babysitter for now. As that's what I am doing in Poland.
Planning to move next week probably. Place can be anywhere near Barcelona. and for Accommodation, It can be in and around 200-250 euro for one room.
We can try our lucks if they can help us in getting jobs. But, let's see. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Hey!

Thanks Buddy. Well, I think I'll be moving to Girona. It's near Barcelona. I've been to FAQ's but couldn't find what I was looking for! :/
Did you look at the FAQs sticky thread?

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/2725-faqs-lots-useful-info.html

As a non-EU citizen you will need a work & residence visa in order to live here - which have to be arranged before you come, & from your country of usual residence - not from within Spain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts