Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo everyone

This is Soumik Sarkar currently in India but moving in 30 days to Dubai. As usual like many of my friends here my movement to Dubai is to seek a global working culture, develop global international network and offcourse meet different people from varied culture stationed in Dubai.

Will be taking a very challenging real estate marketing asignment in Dubai. Have more than a decade of experience in advertising and experential marketing with WPP group.

All last minute planning is on for my movement. Any suggestion or FAQS are most welcome with respect to best location to stay (2BHK), housing rents, utilities, car buying, driving license, internet, furniture etc etc.

Cheers!
Soumik.

·
Registered
845 Posts
if you spend even a few minutes on this forum with the search function you will find tons of info to answer your vague and generic questions. there are also several sticky threads at the top which cover most of the basics.

you need to do your own research first and then if you have specifics you still need help with we would be happy to advise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you spend even a few minutes on this forum with the search function you will find tons of info to answer your vague and generic questions. there are also several sticky threads at the top which cover most of the basics.

you need to do your own research first and then if you have specifics you still need help with we would be happy to advise.
Yes doing that right now. This is a great place to know the unknown.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Hallo everyone

This is Soumik Sarkar currently in India but moving in 30 days to Dubai. As usual like many of my friends here my movement to Dubai is to seek a global working culture, develop global international network and offcourse meet different people from varied culture stationed in Dubai.

Will be taking a very challenging real estate marketing asignment in Dubai. Have more than a decade of experience in advertising and experential marketing with WPP group.

All last minute planning is on for my movement. Any suggestion or FAQS are most welcome with respect to best location to stay (2BHK), housing rents, utilities, car buying, driving license, internet, furniture etc etc.

Cheers!
Soumik.
You're so poetic Soumik! Unfortunately, moving to Dubai to experience a "global culture" may not be the wisest move. Dubai is overflowing with Indians and unless you immerse yourself 100% into a completely Bedouin lifestyle living in the desert chances are that you will most likely be surrounded by fellow Indians at work and at home.

Yes, there are lots of different nationalities in Dubai but the proverbial melting pot is just that....it's proverbial.

Good luck and happy researching!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're so poetic Soumik! Unfortunately, moving to Dubai to experience a "global culture" may not be the wisest move. Dubai is overflowing with Indians and unless you immerse yourself 100% into a completely Bedouin lifestyle living in the desert chances are that you will most likely be surrounded by fellow Indians at work and at home. Yes, there are lots of different nationalities in Dubai but the proverbial melting pot is just that....it's proverbial.
Good luck and happy researching!
Poet absolutely not but yes learnt a few poems selling freezer to eskimos. Indians are also equally global according to me - home or away from home. Not biased just the way things have changed in a decade.

Proverbial in Dubai with some good moolah is good for me. Just have to learn to become a saving leech and find a balance between leisure and basic living. That's the key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts