Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new here and just wanted to say what a great forum!

Me and my wife have decided that we would like to move to New York City, but we haven't got a clue where to start, my wife is a Teacher here in the UK, we have two child under 10

I haven't got a clue where to start as in visa's and things like that

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Have you read through the stickies, did you go through old threads with similar questions, did you work your way through USCIS.gov?

Why do you want to immigrate to the US? What do you expect to find here for you and your family? How do you plan to support your family? What visa do you intend to use? You have not given much information so answers will at best be good guesses.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new here and just wanted to say what a great forum!

Me and my wife have decided that we would like to move to New York City, but we haven't got a clue where to start, my wife is a Teacher here in the UK, we have two child under 10

I haven't got a clue where to start as in visa's and things like that

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Paul
Years ago , several school districts in the less salubrious areas had departments who actively recruited teachers on the H1b program. I haven't seen any recently, and don't expect to given the economic climate. In addition, it would be unsuitable for you since the spouse cannot work......and it would not be sensible to bring up a family in NYC on a single teacher's salary.

You don't mention anything else in your post which would give me hope that you could secure suitable status to live and work in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts