Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I'm 17 and like many people in the UK I wish to move to America. I was jut wondering how i would set about doing this I've done some research on the US Embassy site and I know all about applying for a visa and getting an approved green card but the thing I'm wanting to no is that I plan on moving to California as you probably guessed. I'm just about to study Film and Broadcasting but If I moved Id like to get into real estate but In the UK there isn't really any qualifications to help you become an estate agent I was wondering if that's the same in CA if not I would love to hear any info on how to get a job in Real estate over in Ca specifically Orange County as it's always been my dream to move there also what would be the chances of me getting a job in Real Estate or the Film Industry as I don't know what jobs are in high demand in CA also if anyone knows what jobs are in high demand that would also be useful. Please give any info you can i'm deadly serious of moving unlike most people who say they do so you wont be wasting your time answering my questions.

THANKS for reading

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
HI I'm 17 and like many people in the UK I wish to move to America. I was jut wondering how i would set about doing this I've done some research on the US Embassy site and I know all about applying for a visa and getting an approved green card but the thing I'm wanting to no is that I plan on moving to California as you probably guessed. I'm just about to study Film and Broadcasting but If I moved Id like to get into real estate but In the UK there isn't really any qualifications to help you become an estate agent I was wondering if that's the same in CA if not I would love to hear any info on how to get a job in Real estate over in Ca specifically Orange County as it's always been my dream to move there also what would be the chances of me getting a job in Real Estate or the Film Industry as I don't know what jobs are in high demand in CA also if anyone knows what jobs are in high demand that would also be useful. Please give any info you can i'm deadly serious of moving unlike most people who say they do so you wont be wasting your time answering my questions.

THANKS for reading
Then if you have done your research you will know that you need good qualifications (degree levels), experience and a sponsor (employer) who needs your skills and is willing to put the effort and money into getting you a work visa.

Jobs in high demand?:- IT/Scientific/ Bio-Medicine

Apart from that you can put lots of money into getting an investment visa or you can marry a US citizen.

Getting a Real Estate job is unlikely since there are lots and lots of them already here and many are out of work at the moment. You DO need particular qualifications to call yourself a Realtor in the States.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info and yes i did no that. The only qualifications i have at the moment are my high school ones and i'm about to start college in august hopefully progressing to a HND (Higher National Diploma) in music business. I also meant to ask if anyone new if the music business industry had high demand in jobs

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
thanks for the info and yes i did no that. The only qualifications i have at the moment are my high school ones and i'm about to start college in august hopefully progressing to a HND (Higher National Diploma) in music business. I also meant to ask if anyone new if the music business industry had high demand in jobs
Read through the stickies at the beginning of the forum. Learn a bit about visa requirements. Add an exchange semester to your curriculum. Learn a bit about day to day life in the US that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts