Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I haven't made the jump quite yet, hopefully in a few months :) I've spent all my summers in the Dordogne region since i was about 5 and i love it there, such a beautiful place. I will be moving out there to live.
Is anyone anywhere near?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plenty of Brits.

Hi everyone,
I haven't made the jump quite yet, hopefully in a few months :) I've spent all my summers in the Dordogne region since i was about 5 and i love it there, such a beautiful place. I will be moving out there to live.
Is anyone anywhere near?

I don't live in the Dordogne although I did spend a few months living there. You will find plenty of Brits there. Some people think that there are too many as lots of shops and restaurants are run by British people and their voices are heard everywhere. Sorry if I sound a bit snippy.

I do sincerely hope that you will enjoy your new life in France.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Victoria,

How wonderful to read that you will be moving to France to live, I would love to do that but have no idea where to start! I have just joined this forum today, hoping to see how others are making the move... do you have a job to go to?

I wish you lots of happiness :)

·
Administrator
51,953 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As far as getting to France, the field of English teaching can be quite crowded here in France, and salaries are low. There's also the matter of how well you speak French, as it's pretty much a necessity here - even if you're teaching English.

As far as finding the area where you want to settle - that seems an excellent excuse for making multiple holiday trips over here to scout out various areas. If nothing else, you can consider retiring to France, as so many people seem to do.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As far as getting to France, the field of English teaching can be quite crowded here in France, and salaries are low. There's also the matter of how well you speak French, as it's pretty much a necessity here - even if you're teaching English.

As far as finding the area where you want to settle - that seems an excellent excuse for making multiple holiday trips over here to scout out various areas. If nothing else, you can consider retiring to France, as so many people seem to do.
Cheers,
Bev

Thank you Bev, I hope I am replying in the right place, slightly confused with this forum thing!! Not done this before...!!!
I appreciate your advice and I didn't think the TEFL thing was perhaps the way to go. In some ways it's quite annoying having this dream to want to move to France, but I think your idea of having lots of holidays over there is a very good start!! I can see France from parts of Jersey so it's not like it's out of reach!!
Thank you for your help and insight, bon journée, Janet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.