Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
A happy new year 2010 to u all.Have a blast !!!
Pls advise me on this!!
My consultant has asked me to go to the VFS Australia office in Bangalore, now that I have got my grant letter.
How long will this process take? Will there be a big queue at the VFS office? On what days is it open?Also I just got my passport renewed.Do I need to communicate the same over there?
My consultant is not aware of these details and so I am posting the questions here.
Bye,
Gopal

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Velamoor:

Why has your agent asked for you to go to VFS? Don't they handle Visas for the Indian Gov't (Visas to go to India)?

I believe for AU Visas you go to an AU Embassy/Consulate.

I can't comment on how long things take and the passport that gets the sticker should be the same one on which you did the DIAC application, if it's not then at the very least it will delay getting your AU visa sticker.

Clarify these things before you go anywhere.

Hi All,
A happy new year 2010 to u all.Have a blast !!!
Pls advise me on this!!
My consultant has asked me to go to the VFS Australia office in Bangalore, now that I have got my grant letter.
How long will this process take? Will there be a big queue at the VFS office? On what days is it open?Also I just got my passport renewed.Do I need to communicate the same over there?
My consultant is not aware of these details and so I am posting the questions here.
Bye,
Gopal

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Gopal,

I too got it stamped from VFS, Bangalore......

The procedure is very simple..just go to the VFS Bangalore with the print copy of Grant letter and all the passports belong to ur application, submit the letter with passports and fee of Rs.206 for single passport , an small slip will be given to fill the address where ur passport want to be couriered.
Submit ur passport within 5 working days ur passport will be couriered thro bluedart to ur address, which u have given......thatsit

it is opened from Mon to Fri 08:00 to 16:00 hrs.....further details check here http://www.vfs-au-in.com/

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot Rangola1.
That was an elaborate reply.
Pls tell me if I need to carry any documents(educational) along.
Any photos required??

Reg,
Gopal

Hi Gopal,

I too got it stamped from VFS, Bangalore......

The procedure is very simple..just go to the VFS Bangalore with the print copy of Grant letter and all the passports belong to ur application, submit the letter with passports and fee of Rs.206 for single passport , an small slip will be given to fill the address where ur passport want to be couriered.
Submit ur passport within 5 working days ur passport will be couriered thro bluedart to ur address, which u have given......thatsit

it is opened from Mon to Fri 08:00 to 16:00 hrs.....further details check here AUSTRALIAN VISA - VISA AND IMMIGRATION

1 - 7 of 7 Posts