Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm Andy, originally from California, USA but now I'm working in London.

Have been recommended this forum by lots of friends but never got time until today to register my account :).

I moved into London about a year ago and loving every bits of the city (good ones and bad ones).

I travel within London quite a lot so if you have any questions about London I'm happy to be of assistance (within my ability of course :D)

I'm a big movie fan (goes to cinemas 3 times/week at least) and would love to discuss movie stuffs with you guys.

Other than working and watching movies, I enjoy taking photos occasionally. I mostly take landscape pictures (when I walk around London). There are lots of stunning landscapes in London which due to everyone's busy lives they normally get missed.

That's all from me for now, more to come later :D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've just joined this evening and it's lovely to read how you are all getting on and getting to know each other.

I live in Jersey, in the Channel Islands, and am from the North of England originally but have lived in Jersey over 16 years.

My dream is to move to France, but I am worried it is just that - a dream!! I cannot seem to work out how to get there ie what job would I do, and where would I live??!!! I have thought of doing the TEFL course but have heard that in France they like you to have a Degree as well, which I don't have. I'm not bad at the language, in fact I love it, but am not fluent by any means yet!!

If anyone has any ideas how to get myself over there and integrated, I would be grateful :) also if anyone would like info on Island Life here in Jersey, please ask.

Enjoy the Forum, Bluebell.Jsy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've just joined this evening and it's lovely to read how you are all getting on and getting to know each other.

I live in Jersey, in the Channel Islands, and am from the North of England originally but have lived in Jersey over 16 years.

My dream is to move to France, but I am worried it is just that - a dream!! I cannot seem to work out how to get there ie what job would I do, and where would I live??!!! I have thought of doing the TEFL course but have heard that in France they like you to have a Degree as well, which I don't have. I'm not bad at the language, in fact I love it, but am not fluent by any means yet!!

If anyone has any ideas how to get myself over there and integrated, I would be grateful :) also if anyone would like info on Island Life here in Jersey, please ask.

Enjoy the Forum, Bluebell.Jsy
Hi Bluebell.Jsy,

I'm contemplating a move to the islands (Jersey or Guernsey), would love to get some first hand information.

If you're still on the forum, that is? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts