Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
it's my first day on this website .just to see how is going on with everyone's life in Australia .:clap2:
cheers!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i suppose it is beaches, bar-b-qs, bush walking, driving on great oceans road which people enjoy the most.. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
The beach and nightlife. meet people from diff cultures.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Snow white,

Welcome to the forum. Are you in Austria or Australia? Your location says Australia and the flag says Austria :)

I love the time we have now. We have left the rat race of the UK and designed a life where we have more time to do the things we love.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Snow white,

Welcome to the forum. Are you in Austria or Australia? Your location says Australia and the flag says Austria :)

I love the time we have now. We have left the rat race of the UK and designed a life where we have more time to do the things we love.

Regards,
Karen
hey karen,
I am in Australia ,and the flag is Australia's as well ,:)
I am living and studying in the small city called brisbane,I just found out that the life is soooooooo boring here compare with China.
not much people ,and local Australians are kind of prejudice with foreign people,especially to asians.
still the nature views and landscapes are wonderful here !
cheers

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
snowwhite. why do i see austria flag.. australia flag is blue and red in color.. this one is just red.. and clearly says AUSTRIA

·
Registered
221 Posts
Look at our flags and compare it to yours.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Flag problem

Hi,

Off Subject...

The flag system does not meet the needs of everyone.

We should have 3 flags.

I didn't know what to put so I left mine blank...

See I'm Portuguese, living in the UK for over 8 years now and moving to Australia.

I'm not British, but I'm not emigrating from Portugal, and I 'm not living in Australia, so putting:

Originally from Portugal
Expat in Australia
Wouldn't be accurate.

Also with other people sometimes I see for ie:

Originally from India , Expat in Australia

Then if you read the thread often it's a person from India, living in India and moving to Australia, but not there yet.

I propose the following:

Originally from:
Living in:
Expat in:

This way we'd have a much better image of where the person is and where are they in the process.

ONE MORE FLAG OPTION PLEASE!!! :D

Cheers,
Busyte
:focus:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:) we can have a galore of options.. not relevant, what matters is the info in the forum which according to me gets a 10 off 10.. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Now correct!! Welcome back to Australia.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello,

I am Australian and lived in Japan, and my husband is Japanese and living here in Australia with me now. We lived in Brisbane for six months, but now live in Sydney.

My husband, who grew up in Tokyo, didn't like Brisbane because it was too small and relaxed for him. Aside from our racist neighbour who was an idiot and hated everyone especially children, he didn't suffer from any prejudice in Brisbane.

I am curious as to what has happened to you?

There are many Asian people in Brisbane and I wonder if you are confusing indifference with prejudice?

Do you have a thick accent that people can't understand?
If you talk to people and they stare for a moment then look down and avoid eye contact with you, it probably means they can't understand what you are saying and are embarrassed to have you repeat it, so they pretend that you aren't talking to them.

Anyway, please give people a second chance, and please make an effort to integrate. Don't just stick with Chinese people. I recommend becoming good friends with people from other parts of the world if you have trouble making friends with Australians.

hey karen,
I am in Australia ,and the flag is Australia's as well ,:)
I am living and studying in the small city called brisbane,I just found out that the life is soooooooo boring here compare with China.
not much people ,and local Australians are kind of prejudice with foreign people,especially to asians.
still the nature views and landscapes are wonderful here !
cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well . There is nothing bad happen on me so far,just the feeling . I am speaking English with American accent.eveybody I talked all understand me quite well .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts