Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm very new to this don't know where to start, My husband and I have been applying for a visa for austrailia for a year now and it is looking positive! As hairdressers are no longer being sponsored in Western Austrailia we are looking to move to Darwin we have both been there before but about 6 years ago when we were on a working holiday we loved it but are a bit worried how our 3 year old daughter will adapt?
I have to write a commitment letter for the Northern Territory I'm not sure how to word the letter I wondered if there was a template? If anyone has made the move I'm excited to hear how you are getting on to find out as much info to make our move a success.

Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi,
I'm very new to this don't know where to start, My husband and I have been applying for a visa for austrailia for a year now and it is looking positive! As hairdressers are no longer being sponsored in Western Austrailia we are looking to move to Darwin we have both been there before but about 6 years ago when we were on a working holiday we loved it but are a bit worried how our 3 year old daughter will adapt?
I have to write a commitment letter for the Northern Territory I'm not sure how to word the letter I wondered if there was a template? If anyone has made the move I'm excited to hear how you are getting on to find out as much info to make our move a success.

Any help is much appreciated
Hey GenDog,

We all are happy to know that your visa processing goes smooth :) You're not far from getting visa now, great. :)

Coming to your question:

Option 1:

I have a commitment letter for NSW as well as ACT I have prepared. If you want, I can send it across to you. You can see that and tailor it according to Darwin/NT. But, you may have to just google out more about NT/Darwin for informations such as Weather, Job options for you/family, places, that you have researched to live there, cultures, sport activities and so on. Its just how much you understood about their place and you should collate all these information and write your commitment that, I am very interested to live in NT for all of these reasons that is very much suiting you/your family. (You can get a very good idea if you can look at the template I have).

Option 2:

You can research expat forum for people who have written this letter. I have searched one link for you, which is below. Anj1976 gives a good idea of what to write. You can perhaps ping her in private and ask for the template she used too, she might send you. :)

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...mmitment-letter-sample-state-sponsorship.html

All the very best for your visa process and future life in Australia :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JR
You have been a great help really good of you to take timeout to reply, I've gathered most of my information now so your template for the lay out will be a big help! I take it you are in NSW? This process is really daunting and Darwin wasn't our first choice to live in but it's our only choice as I'm a hairdresser and the Northern Territory is the only place still sponsoring! It's the subclass 190 visa we will be getting how strict are they that u must stay and live in territory for 2 years do you know if there is a chance to move if things don't work out we have all our family in Perth?

G

·
The point is you are meant to do your own research of how the state, even city fits you, your occupation, your family, your lifestyle and future plans not copy someone elses who may be in a different occupation with more or different employment prospects and a different family set up. Anj gives good tips on the other thread of what you shoukd research and write about.

G

·
Can you see the reason it was deleted? Just repost without sharing or asking for personal information which is against forum rules.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Can you see the reason it was deleted? Just repost without sharing or asking for personal information which is against forum rules.
Another better idea, why can't you change this rule :behindsofa: I didn't ask personal information, but wanted to share the template that would help her. How would I share :confused: You know Shel, I cannot share the template in her private message too for some reasons, I think she got only 3 posts so, not eligible for PM. I wrote this point too yesterday :(

I wrote a lot :( you deleted it :rolleyes::cool:

Shel, still I am with you Shel, I hear you, best Moderator.

Bye Shel see you laters, goodnight.

G

·
Night night. I don't make the rules I just enforce them. You can actually upload documents into posts but that aside if someone joins in they can PM in no time at all. Better option than having your email on a public forum for eternity.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Night night. I don't make the rules I just enforce them. You can actually upload documents into posts but that aside if someone joins in they can PM in no time at all. Better option than having your email on a public forum for eternity.
Strict Mod :p Well that's why I recommended her to post few more posts in these threads, so that she will be having access to send/receive private message. I would have posted my documents for her reference here, however, that contains personal informations ;)

@GenDong, my friend:

Please post few more messages in these threads, so that you can send/receive PMs.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow wow wow, jre05 I'm really new to this just finding my feet! Who is shel? Sorry not sure at all I'm not trying to copy any ones ideas regarding Commitment statement I was just looking for a template to make sure my statement lay out is correct!I have done loads of re search plus I have lived in Darwin so I know it pretty well! was just making sure before I write it all out I have the right ideas! I have just completed my first draft of my commitment statement but just not sure of how much statistics like costs of everything must be noted? the cost of living list I can find is from 2009 so may be different now! I've done a summery of rough costing is this correct? I'm trying to start a few more threads so that u can private message me the template! At no point have I felt u asked for personnel information!! Confused with u saying you have had messages deleted?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Wow wow wow, jre05 I'm really new to this just finding my feet! Who is shel? Sorry not sure at all I'm not trying to copy any ones ideas regarding Commitment statement I was just looking for a template to make sure my statement lay out is correct!I have done loads of re search plus I have lived in Darwin so I know it pretty well! was just making sure before I write it all out I have the right ideas! I have just completed my first draft of my commitment statement but just not sure of how much statistics like costs of everything must be noted? the cost of living list I can find is from 2009 so may be different now! I've done a summery of rough costing is this correct? I'm trying to start a few more threads so that u can private message me the template! At no point have I felt u asked for personnel information!! Confused with u saying you have had messages deleted?
Thanks.
Hello GenDog,

Hey, how ya going :) We are very glad that you've done an extensive research about different stuffs already about NT/Darwin :)

Well don't worry at all, its indeed a great puzzle for anyone who is a newbie to understand what or how to write a commitment statement. I will now provide you with my templates for both NSW and ACT which I had. You can modify it according to Darwin/NT as per your research :)

Shel is our Always Active and Strict but Sweet Moderator :p I wrote a lot for you in last two posts, but she deleted it :( Since because I also wrote a line of asking the email ID of yours so that I can send the template. :( She says, its like asking personal info. :(

Of course, she is correct, we shouldn't share our email IDs in threads openly like this. Of course she cares for us ;). That is why, I suggested you to write few more posts so that, if one crosses 5 posts totally, then they can send/receive private messages :)

I will post you in private, my two templates :) :) Feel free to ask for any guidance here :) You will be guided by expats :)

Best regards,
JR

G

·
You are very cheeky :)

But I'm sure you dont want tons of spam & virus due to putting your email on a forum? I'd edit it out but that would take forever given the amount of people doing it!

You can also take out personal details from documents & upload them :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
You are very cheeky :)

But I'm sure you dont want tons of spam & virus due to putting your email on a forum? I'd edit it out but that would take forever given the amount of people doing it!

You can also take out personal details from documents & upload them :)
I myself took long time to edit the actual template to put my personal findings lol.

We all admire you Shel for caring us all so much always ;)

I am just like you :p :cool: Not cheeky :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi jre05,
Greetings!
I am also trying and already collected lots of info of Darwin to prepare the letter, but in confusion how should I organize that. Can you please kindly send your commitment letter for NSW & ACT, hence I can see those and tailor it according to Darwin. Thanks in advance for your kind help.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi jre05,
Greetings!
I am also trying and already collected lots of info of Darwin to prepare the letter, but in confusion how should I organize that. Can you please kindly send your commitment letter for NSW & ACT, hence I can see those and tailor it according to Darwin. Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Sent you in for your private message :) All the best :typing:

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
108 Posts
This has been a funny thread- especially the hiding behind the sofa from shel jre05 - thanks for the laughs !

my smilies seem to have gone awol- but :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
This has been a funny thread- especially the hiding behind the sofa from shel jre05 - thanks for the laughs !

my smilies seem to have gone awol- but :)
Yeup, I love all the smileys here, quite creative and attractive :couch2: Even I loved this thread and it brought smile in my face too. I am glad we all enjoy it ;)

All credit to Shel ;)

:rolleyes2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts