Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just been suspended from my job, and I suspect I may be about to lose it.

I'm a Canadian in the UK on a Tier 2 visa and I have 4 months left on it. To complicate matters, I sent off an application for a Spouse visa 6 weeks ago. I've tried phoning the UKBA, but just end up on hold for ages and haven't managed to get through yet, so if anyone can answer my questions that would be great.

- Will my Tier 2 leave be curtailed?
- Will this affect my spouse visa application?
- Will it make any difference whether I am asked to leave by my employer, or if I leave voluntarily?
- What happens if I am not granted my Spouse visa? Can I stay here and appeal if I am no longer fulfilling the terms of my previous visa?
- Will I have to leave the country? I suppose I can't until I get my passport back.

I'm particulary worried because a few years ago I had a Post Study Work visa denied and had to appeal the decision before it was granted. I don't want to get a bad track record with the UKBA.

Your help in answering questions and calming me down would be very much appreciated, I'm really stressed out right now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.