Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - hope somebody can advise..

I am married to a SA citizen (since mid 2010,but been together since mid 2009) and visit the country on tourist visa's, but return to the UK as I work for myself as a freelance IT consultant in the UK.

I want to be able to work as a consultant here in my field and have potential work lined up ready, but I know I'm not allowed to take employed work herein SA.

My spouse has her own small business (sole trader) in the same professional field of expertise. Is there a way of me applying for a spousal visa whilst I'm here in SA and somehow linking it to me working for her business either as a freelancer or employed?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Absolutely, the Spousal (type of Relative's) Permit is the way for you to go.

You then have options. Apply for a business endorsement and you can run a similar business or a consultancy, freelancing to your spouse. You could also be employed by her.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely, the Spousal (type of Relative's) Permit is the way for you to go.

You then have options. Apply for a business endorsement and you can run a similar business or a consultancy, freelancing to your spouse. You could also be employed by her.

Good luck!

Thanks :) I'm assuming as its a spousal visa its ok to make my application whilst here in SA ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts