Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some advice want to move to Canada. I am a welder fabricator of 15 yrs but have no certificate. I am prepared to travel to BC to do some exams or weld tests, whilst looking for work. Once i've (hopefully) found work, then apply for skilled workers visa. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD PLAN?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am new to this forum and as such can only give you my opinion, The attitude you have to get out there and do it!! is just what they want! if you are not coded you as you rightly say can do tests on site most pipline welders I have used in the past dont come armed with certs normally just a practical test will suffice, I have a good friend in BC who may be able to give you more of a clue as to the demand for your particular skills. Just let me know and I will give you her email. one word of advice when you enter just tell immigration you are on holiday otherwise you may be stuck at the airport for hours. Look into the BC PNP proces as this is your best bet but you will need a firm job offer. Hope this helps Good Luck!
Hi, I need some advice want to move to Canada. I am a welder fabricator of 15 yrs but have no certificate. I am prepared to travel to BC to do some exams or weld tests, whilst looking for work. Once i've (hopefully) found work, then apply for skilled workers visa. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD PLAN?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Digger, thats great if you could give me your friends email address that would be fantastic im coming over before christmas how would you suggest i should spend my time ie places to find work,i beleive union halls are best once again thanks very much.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Ian.
Did you serve an apprenticeship? I gather not, so you are not a journeyman. Were you ever in a "welders" union? These things are important because they affect your eligibility to come to Canada under a PR programme.
Canada is difficult to get into. Without a PR visa or pre-arranged employment your chances are much reduced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.