Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will companies hire individuals under student visa, once they are fully completed with their degree? For instance, since I have finished my Master degree, and is just waiting on my graduation study, I am still under the student visa status. If I apply for a full-time job, will companies still hire me, despite the student visa? What if I mention to the employer that I do have the potential to work under TR in the future? Please advice

Any other suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
65 Posts
Will companies hire individuals under student visa, once they are fully completed with their degree? For instance, since I have finished my Master degree, and is just waiting on my graduation study, I am still under the student visa status. If I apply for a full-time job, will companies still hire me, despite the student visa? What if I mention to the employer that I do have the potential to work under TR in the future? Please advice

You cannot work full time under student visa, if you are very good of what you are doing, you can suggest your employer first hire you on a casual basis (less than 20 hours a week) then become full time once you get working visa. One of my friends did that, but not everyone has that luck, too many can't even find a job on working visa.

Don't lie or hide the fact that you can't working full time during interview, that won't take you anywhere.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. So even after the completion of every semester, I would still not be able to work full-time? :(

Its really hard man

·
Registered
223 Posts

You cannot work full time under student visa, if you are very good of what you are doing, you can suggest your employer first hire you on a casual basis (less than 20 hours a week) then become full time once you get working visa. One of my friends did that, but not everyone has that luck, too many can't even find a job on working visa.

Don't lie or hide the fact that you can't working full time during interview, that won't take you anywhere.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
You can work full time if you are finished with your degree and during school break like summer break and winter break (which are semester breaks, but not midterm breaks). 20h a week is only during university semesters. If you are done with your university and you finished with your exams and your semester finally finished you can work full time and the company can hire you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thank you for your reply. So even after the completion of every semester, I would still not be able to work full-time?

Its really hard man
As stated in my previous answer you can work full time during semester breaks, but not midterm breaks and after your degree is done (finished last semester).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also did you study masters by research? Because people that study masters by research have full working rights. Otherwise you have the same rights as in my previous posts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe you can work for 20 hours per week and volunteer for the other 20 hours. Obviously they would have to pay you a high hourly salary for your hours worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts