Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm seeking advice please!!! :) We're moving to Dubai from June 2013 but only just found out! We have an 11 & 9 year old who will need places in school from September 2013. I've started looking but I'm really worried because there seems to very limited spaces! I realise you need to complete applications and send documents etc, but I'm soooo worried we won't get any places!! For this to work out the childrens' happiness is the most important thing! Please help, could do with some positive advice!!! :confused:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
i recomended Gin in an earlier reply to you. Stay off the Red Bull, though. I think your blood pressure can't take it!

It is daunting, yes. I was in exactly the same position as you a year ago, arriving in June.
I have two kids here in school.
I had only one month from job offer to starting work, so it CAN be done, and you've got 2 months on me!

First advice, read everything on here, ESPECIALLY the 'sticky' threads at the top of the forum.
There's one on housing, one on schools, one on cars etc etc.

loads and loads of great advice from people that have been here since it was 'all just sand' (about a fortnight!)

THEN, come back and get stuck into the specifics.

I asked loads of cringe-worthy questions when i first came on here, which i wouldn't have done if i'd spent an hour or two reading first.

Good luck!

Reactions: bling!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Apply to those you want now.....think about n carefully, close to home is rear advice

Follow Vantage's advice but do just get stuck in.

Don't get rude,but don't take no for an answer. If one school says no try the next. There are spaces and as they are so young they can easily be moved for secondary.

Think about your job, their school, then your home. It's all daunting but I was where you are now this time last year. Hundreds of people come and go daily...if there isn't space today there could be tomorrow. If you prepared to pay fees for This current summer term you may slip in before the September intake!

Good lick!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts