Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i have been in Australia for about 2 and a 1/2 years now , i was a student for the first 2 . i learned cabinet making at tafe and gained my cert 3 in the trade, i am now working full time in a boat yard on the gold coast making interiors for luxoury crusiers! my intention was to use my trade to eventually gain PR, this seems to be an impossibility now . i have been looking at regional sponsorship and even employer nominated sponsorship , this is proving to be a very grey area! regoinal sponsorship consists of postcodes , were do i start? finding a cabinet maker in a remote area willing to pay the salary level required ? my employer at the moment is happy with my work but can not pay the $47850 required for sponsorship ,plus its on the gold coast ,which does not fall into the postcode area. this feels like looking for a needle in a hay stack, if anybody can point me in the right direction i would gratefull to them . it seams a shame to learn a very skilled trade to put it to waste , i am on a bridging visa that is meant to turn into a graduate visa but i dont know exactly when, i do know as it stands i would have to leave the country when they run out, seams a shame as i have falling in love with this country ! :confused::confused:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had a quick look at the SOL lists, and Carpenter is on the schedule 1 list. There are two listed, actually:

Carpenter and joiner (331211)
Carpenter (331212)

Both are assessed by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

Here are the descriptions for both:

Carpenter - 331212
Carpenter and Joiner - 331211

Looks like 331211 is on the Queensland SOL right now, here are the details:
3312 Carpenters and Joiners
331211 Carpenter and Joiner Minimum of 6
in each band
Certificate III in Carpentry or Certificate
III in Joinery or overseas equivalent
Minimum 5 years work
experience in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts