Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need some help with information and regarding processes.

I was given a single status visa by my company but I would like to bring my husband over on my sponsorship. I was told that it is possible and I would have to bear all the costs which I dont mind.

How would I go about doing this, where do I do this and how long would it take approximately? Also, what documents do I need?

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Your visa will always be issued as single status initially. You cannot sponsor anyone until your residency is confirmed.

Now that you have your visa, you can sponsor your husband - but only for residence. If he wants to work, he will need to be transferred fully to his company's visa when he finds employment. Men cannot be sponsored by their wives for residence and their company for employment, despite the fact that this can be done for women. However, sponsoring him as an interim measure (or long-term if he is not going to work) means that you don't have to worry about visa runs and gives you more security.

In terms of documents, you will need:

- A copy of your passport and visa
- Your original attested marriage certificate
- Your original attested degree certificate
- Your original MOL employment contract OR
- If you work in a Free Zone, a salary certificate issued on Free Zone visa office letterhead
- A copy of your husband's passport
- Passport-sized photos of your husband on white background (check numbers with the PRO)

You will need to have the sponsorship form typed, sign it as his sponsor and hand all of the documents in to DNRD. They will issue an entrance permit which will allow him to come into the country (not sure if SA is one of the exempt countries; if so he can come in on a visit visa but will need to do a visa run to Oman, get an exit stamp, then re-enter using the residence entrance permit). He will then need to get a medical certificate and submit this with his original visa and passport to DNRD for visa stamping. You may need to sign a second set of forms to have the residence visa stamped.

If your company PRO can't help, I can recommend a freelance PRO who will be able to assist you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
i do remember that one guy could not bring his wife because his salary was too low. 9.500. i think she should have at list 10000 UAE Dirhams.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes there are some salary restrictions, which is why you have to submit your contract or a salary certificate, but I believe the AED10,000 figure applies to total monthly payment including any fixed allowances rather than just basic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks so much. Thats really detailed info. I will speak to the company PRO but if they cant help I'll be in touch.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.