Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! If someone could help me for the right translation of the following title, please let me know.

"Recepcionista de Museos, responsable de publicos/mercados extranjeros"

Or in French .... "Agent d'accueil des Musées, référent publics étrangers'.

Does anyone knows the English Translation for this?

Ta!

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Museum assistant . Responsible for local & foreign visitors. ??

Or Museum Assistant with responsibility for local & foreign visitors. ??

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was for a friend that asked me, but I wasn't sure, so I came here, as you all know lots. But this thing with the titles, especially for UK, it is a bit odd, they like 'pompous' titles over there. One of my first jobs was County-wide Physical Disability and Sensory Services Business Support Assistant, in short, it was just Administrator, but hey! It did sound important to me (at the time!).

Believe me if I say, that some of my titles, I never understood.

I had lots of problems trying to translate my own CV from English to Spanish, so in the end I paid a professional to do it for me, it was a real headache, when I got the CV back (in Spanish) I read it all twenty times and couldn't really understand anything, or my own jobs, maybe that's why no-one contacts me since I arrived to Spain?!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mind you, the other day, I read 'Beautiful with peppers to the iron' and 'Language in sauce' (for Bonito con pimientos a la plancha' y 'Lengua in sauce'. (Bonito being 'tuna' and lengua is 'tongue').

eek!

Who does the menus in the bars???

By the way, Bonito is 'white tuna', popular in the north of Spain, unlike the red tuna, south.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Mind you, the other day, I read 'Beautiful with peppers to the iron' and 'Language in sauce' (for Bonito con pimientos a la plancha' y 'Lengua in sauce'. (Bonito being 'tuna' and lengua is 'tongue').

eek!

Who does the menus in the bars???

By the way, Bonito is 'white tuna', popular in the north of Spain, unlike the red tuna, south.
We catch Bonito here and is served Salpicon de Bonito. we also have another white tuna called Peto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts