Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is it possible someone could translate the following into correct English? I'm having some difficulty with the first part (in bold):

Tandis que elle bénéficie des droits de visite et d'hébergement les plus libres possibles, selon ce que l'interet des enfants exige, et a titre suppletif de la facon suivante:

- l'integralite de petite vacances
- la premiere moitie des grandes vacances scolaires les annees paires et la seconde moitie des vacances les annees impaires
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Hello,

Is it possible someone could translate the following into correct English? I'm having some difficulty with the first part (in bold):

Thanks!
ROUGHLY the following:

Whereas she benefits from visiting and accommodation rights as freely as is possible, according to the best interests of the children, and in addition as follows:

(accommodation in the sense of having to stay)

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
"Tandis que elle bénéficie des droits de visite et d'hébergement les plus libres possibles, selon ce que l'interet des enfants exige, et a titre suppletif de la facon suivante:

- l'integralite de petite vacances
- la premiere moitie des grandes vacances scolaires les annees paires et la seconde moitie des vacances les annees impaires."

However she benefits from visitation and accommodation rights as fully as possible, as the interest of the children demands, and in addition as follows:

- all of the short holidyas
- the first half of the long school holidays on even years [2016, 2018 etc] and the second half for odd years [2015, 2017 etc]."

Square brackets are my clarifications.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
How very kind of you EH to improve on my translation - it's MUCH clearer now!

:clap2: :kiss:
It's not perfect and I have mistranslated tandis que, which is one of those joining phrases and difficult to translate out of context, but your whereas is probably correct :) I simply wanted to provide the whole of the text, especially since it deals with care of the children and visiting rights. (Your translations are usually much better than mine.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts