Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
sorry, maybe I have missed something here, but I think I have seen quite a big discrepancy in processing times for the BRP. (My fiance and I are dealing with the same situation at present.) If we apply for the FLR with premium service we can receive it in one working day after the wedding, correct? After that if we immediately apply for the BRP how long is it on average until we could go on honeymoon outside the UK? I think I saw 10 days in one post and 4 weeks in another. Do we need an appointment for the BRP and can we book it ahead of time or is it just sending off paperwork?
If you go for a premium appointment (must be booked 6 weeks in advance... look here for more information) and *if* your application is approved, you'll receive the BRP via courier (applicant must be around to sign for it and show ID) within 10 days of approval (I applied in Solihull on a Tuesday and the courier company tried to deliver the card to me the following Monday in Central London... I was out at the time, so the courier mailed me a letter about how to arrange for redelivery and as such, I didn't get the card until Thursday)... make sure that the address that you put on your application is correct, as that's the address that the courier company will use to deliver the BRP.

If you send the FLR application in through the mail, you'd better sit back and be prepared to wait MONTHS for a response (we're talking upwards of 6 months or more at present).

Good luck to you! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.