Hello,
I'm from Egypt, and married to a girl with ILR in UK,

• I'm unemployed atm, I don't have payslips what so ever
  • I hold a bachelor degree in engineering
  • Age difference is around 9 years
  • I've been in a relation with her since 5 years she visited me several times
  • our marriage is official and legal
  • she makes around the minimum financial requirement (18600) in the UK

I want to go to the UK to join her and not sure about the outcome of the spouse visa application I can't fully understand from the gov.uk website, so if you have the experience I'd be very thankful if you let me understand better where I stand and how can I strengthen my situation

Registered
Hello,
I'm from Egypt, and married to a girl with ILR in UK,

• I'm unemployed atm, I don't have payslips what so ever
  • I hold a bachelor degree in engineering
  • Age difference is around 9 years
  • I've been in a relation with her since 5 years she visited me several times
  • our marriage is official and legal
  • she makes around the minimum financial requirement (18600) in the UK

I want to go to the UK to join her and not sure about the outcome of the spouse visa application I can't fully understand from the gov.uk website, so if you have the experience I'd be very thankful if you let me understand better where I stand and how can I strengthen my situation
As far as am concerned and other users, I believe she can sponsor you on a spouse visa. It doesn't matter if you don't work, they take her details. And age difference of 9 years is not an issue.

1: proof of geniune relationship, marriage certificate, all five years communication proofs, proof of meeting each other
2: proof of meeting financial requirements, her job contract, 6 months pay slips and bank statements, letter from her employer confirming employment and length
3: proof of where you two will stay, tenancy agreement
4: English test at required level for U.K. spouse visa
5: not sure if Egypt residents needs TB testing Clearance

That's the basic things I can remember, hopefully someone with full details can Help. 馃憤馃徑馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1- what if there is a document or two missing will I get rejected and will have to pay again for a new application
2- what if the visa application gets rejected, will I lose the ~1500 pounds fees ?

Registered
1- what if there is a document or two missing will I get rejected and will have to pay again for a new application
2- what if the visa application gets rejected, will I lose the ~1500 pounds fees ?
1. yes

2. yes

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need some help then to make sure I don't miss anything

is there anything more to that?

1: proof of geniune relationship, marriage certificate, all five years communication proofs, proof of meeting each other
2: proof of meeting financial requirements, her job contract, 6 months pay slips and bank statements, letter from her employer confirming employment and length
3: proof of where you two will stay, tenancy agreement
4: English test at required level for U.K. spouse visa
5: not sure if Egypt residents needs TB testing Clearance
I see a lot of people here posting about documents that I don't even know what they mean

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They say on the government website,

You don鈥檛 generally need to send in things like WhatsApp messages, Skype history or photos of you together.

and i see a lot of people saying that they send whatsapp messages and photos, and they put it out as a requirement, could someone explain

Registered
They say on the government website,

You don鈥檛 generally need to send in things like WhatsApp messages, Skype history or photos of you together.

and i see a lot of people saying that they send whatsapp messages and photos, and they put it out as a requirement, could someone explain
I would send it in as they could question whether the relationship is genuine or not. My advice would be, send as much as you can, that way you'll have peace of mind that you've submitted as much evidence as possible.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are really good advises, thanked everyone who gave me advice, I really appreciate your help, and hope you appreciate my worry to apply, get rejected and lose time and those 1500 quids and help if you can

what if my wife doesn't meet the minimum financial requirements?

Registered
Those are really good advises, thanked everyone who gave me advice, I really appreciate your help, and hope you appreciate my worry to apply, get rejected and lose time and those 1500 quids and help if you can

Meeting the financial requirements is one of the significant part of a spouse visa so if she doesn't meet it then there's no point of applying as the visa would get rejected. Mind you she doesn't have to meet the 18,600PA requirement as she can sponsor you on saving, it's a total different amount.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can鈥檛 meet the minimum income requirement
You need to show you and your partner meet the minimum income requirement if you want to settle in 5 years as a partner.

If you don鈥檛 meet the requirement, you may be able to settle in 10 years.

does this mean if I'm not able to meet the minimum requirement I'll still be able to get the visa, but instead of being able to apply for ILR after 5 years, I'll only be able to apply for it after 10 years, or I misinterpreted this

Registered
If you can鈥檛 meet the minimum income requirement
You need to show you and your partner meet the minimum income requirement if you want to settle in 5 years as a partner.

If you don鈥檛 meet the requirement, you may be able to settle in 10 years.

does this mean if I'm not able to meet the minimum requirement I'll still be able to get the visa, but instead of being able to apply for ILR after 5 years, I'll only be able to apply for it after 10 years, or I misinterpreted this
No.... if for the initial visa your sponsor cannot meet the financial requirements your application will be refused.

For Further Leave to Remain (and in exceptional circumstances) the deciding ECO may put an application, where not meeting the financial requirements is marginal AND there are exceptional circumstances, on the 10 year path.

Reactions: ximp

Registered

If she doesn't meet the financial requirements then Sheffield will refuse the application.

And the rest as Crawford has mentioned.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.