Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I would like to apply for a spouse visa, for my wife, she lives in Iran and I live in the UK.
I hold a Dutch passport and she holds a afghan passport, I have been UK resident since 2005.

I have been working for 4 months now and my salary is above £19000.

However, my 1st month and my 3rd month of my payslips (my gross pay) has been different. This is because my first month was training and the 3rd month i was waiting on my airside pass.

Can i still apply for a spouse visa after 6 months of employment even though i have 2 months which show £1250, and £600. for my 5th and 6th month of working i will be earning £2400 gross pay because of overtime. but do i have to work 7 months in order to meet the net worth of 6 months which equals to £1550 times 6 = £9300

This is my first time applying and i can say i am pretty nervous if it gets rejected.

Any advice would be kind.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
Or she can get EEA family permit which has no financial requirement, provided you aren't a dual Dutch-UK national.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have looked into this however this requires being together for two years and showing evidence of being together by showing bills, purchases etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am, I have been married since 2014 November, and engaged since last summer. So I could apply for EEA permit definitely?

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
Yes (or rather, your wife can). Then once she is in UK, she applies for residence card valid 5 years.
Of course, with the threat of UK exit from EU, some people play safe by applying for UK visa instead.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right I see. i am not sure if she can apply in Iran for EEA permit, i will find out if not i will apply on her behalf here. this seems much more simpler then spouse visa. thanks a lot

hope its possible will look further into this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh right okay. but it is expected to be opened soon, my wife will keep me updated as she works for the embassy. as soon as its opened she will apply. Thank you again sir.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.