Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends!
This is my first post even though I have read almost all the posts in this forum since a long time.

I have passed the skill assessment stage and got a +ve assessment and get 65 points without partner points and now collecting all the required documents and info to finally apply for the 189 visa as a primary applicant.

I have a very serious concern now after going through some posts about form 80 and form 1221 and I am wondering if my visa can be refused due to this.

Form 80 and form 1221 which is supposed to be filled up even my secondary applicant asks about Education and Work Experience of the secondary applicant.
Will the details in form 80/form 1221 filled by secondary applicant be verified?

My partner does not have all documents to support his work experience as he is missing some of his documents. He has a few reference letters, payslips of his previous jobs but not all. I am concerned if his work experience has to be proved?

Another problem is his education as he has withdraw before completing his degree and started working.
1. Will partner's lack of degree be a reason for visa refusal?
2. In form 1221, do we need to fill up the incomplete degree details as it does not have a column like form 80 that says "Withdrawn".

I was assuming that as I am not claiming partner points, we do not need to give partner education and work experience details and it came as a shock when I read about it. I do not want to go ahead with the visa and spend the money if it will be refused due to this.

Please advice. Thank you for your help with everything until now.
-Jean92

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi friends!
This is my first post even though I have read almost all the posts in this forum since a long time.

I have passed the skill assessment stage and got a +ve assessment and get 65 points without partner points and now collecting all the required documents and info to finally apply for the 189 visa as a primary applicant.

I have a very serious concern now after going through some posts about form 80 and form 1221 and I am wondering if my visa can be refused due to this.

Form 80 and form 1221 which is supposed to be filled up even my secondary applicant asks about Education and Work Experience of the secondary applicant.
Will the details in form 80/form 1221 filled by secondary applicant be verified?

My partner does not have all documents to support his work experience as he is missing some of his documents. He has a few reference letters, payslips of his previous jobs but not all. I am concerned if his work experience has to be proved?

Another problem is his education as he has withdraw before completing his degree and started working.
1. Will partner's lack of degree be a reason for visa refusal?
2. In form 1221, do we need to fill up the incomplete degree details as it does not have a column like form 80 that says "Withdrawn".

I was assuming that as I am not claiming partner points, we do not need to give partner education and work experience details and it came as a shock when I read about it. I do not want to go ahead with the visa and spend the money if it will be refused due to this.

Please advice. Thank you for your help with everything until now.
-Jean92
As you are not claiming partner points there is no problem. Give all details of ur partner though lack of evedences.
Cheers!

Reactions: jean92

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you are not claiming partner points there is no problem. Give all details of ur partner though lack of evedences.
Cheers!
Thank you. That was quick!
Are you sure that lack of evidence or if they do a verification will not lead to problem? I am thinking... if indeed it is not important why would they want to know those details in the first place. :confused:

Also do I need to submit all the documents such as reference letters, payslips etc of the secondary applicant even if I do not want to claim any points?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't think backup documentation is required.

Reactions: jean92

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think there is lot of confusion regarding this. Also I read in some discussions of secondary applicant docs being submitted even when they are not claiming points. I am not getting the point as to why they need the info if they do not verify it and it is not important.
Sorry about my ignorance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can I just type the letters in the forms or they have to be hand written only?
I saw its written: Please use a pen, and write neatly in English using BLOCK LETTERS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cheers!
Hi Mithu

I have a similar situation, but my concern is that after we get a Visa how easy is it to get a job in Australia .

My husband's degree is not complete as per the Uni but the college says its completed.
So in between of all this hassel he has not receieved it, but has a strong working experiance with good references.
How easy/difficult is it to get a job in such conditions in Aus.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a similar situation,

I am about to lodge my visa and have 2 queries before I lodge

1) I am not claiming any partner points, do I have to show my wifes work experience for the last 10 years? I might not have experience certificates so I dont want to go into all of that.

2) The immi account info also asks whether you have lived abroad ever, my wife was away for 3 months for a study program in scandanavia and then 10 months for a masters degree in italy. Do I have to add this to the application?

Need advice so I can submit it today.

Thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi Mithu

I have a similar situation, but my concern is that after we get a Visa how easy is it to get a job in Australia .

My husband's degree is not complete as per the Uni but the college says its completed.
So in between of all this hassel he has not receieved it, but has a strong working experiance with good references.
How easy/difficult is it to get a job in such conditions in Aus.
Skilled migration is for the primary application hence he/she needs to show all documentation, coapplicant is just a co-applicant so apart from PCC,Meds, Passport , BirthCert, Marriage cert nothing else is required.
I just uploaded my wife's resume, nothing else though I'm still waiting for a CO allocation but I know it won't be a problem.

·
Registered
180 Posts

1) I am not claiming any partner points, do I have to show my wifes work experience for the last 10 years? I might not have experience certificates so I dont want to go into all of that.

2) The immi account info also asks whether you have lived abroad ever, my wife was away for 3 months for a study program in scandanavia and then 10 months for a masters degree in italy. Do I have to add this to the application?

Thanks.

Any advice on my query guys??

·
Registered
195 Posts

Thanks.
I had the same situation.

1.) I did state all employments of my wife but DID NOT provide any evidence.
2.) I also listed our stays abroad as part of our study. Not sure if that was really required but it did not do any harm.

Cheers

Reactions: usmansshaikh

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had the same situation.

1.) I did state all employments of my wife but DID NOT provide any evidence.
2.) I also listed our stays abroad as part of our study. Not sure if that was really required but it did not do any harm.

Cheers
Excellent BEN, thank you so much, just one final thing that her current job is in a govt college in which she is a lecturer, as far as I am not claiming any points for the same do you think any evidence will be demanded of the same specially considering its a govt organization?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Excellent BEN, thank you so much, just one final thing that her current job is in a govt college in which she is a lecturer, as far as I am not claiming any points for the same do you think any evidence will be demanded of the same specially considering its a govt organization?
I can not imagine why they would request any evidence. As you say, you are not claiming any points for her so you should be fine.

However, what I do not know is if the requirements are different form country to country.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can not imagine why they would request any evidence. As you say, you are not claiming any points for her so you should be fine.

However, what I do not know is if the requirements are different form country to country.
Great Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.