1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am seeking your guidance here in my mom's case:
  • My mom has her first visa approved between 28 April 2016 to 28 oct 2017
  • She came in Australia on 5th August and stayed for 11 months 10 days, she is planning to come again in September this year
  • Her existing visa has 4 conditions mentioned in email text under Conditions section:
    • 8101 - NO WORK
    • 8201 - MAX 3 MONTHS STUDY
    • 8501 - HEALTH INSURANCE
    • 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY
  • Her approval email has an attachment as well and has below conditions in there:
    • Condition 8558: “The holder must not stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any period of 18 months”

I am concerned about condition 8558. This condition is not mentioned in email text however mentioned in the attachment. Is this applicable for the current visa since this visa is valid only for 18 months?

Can I apply for a new visa now, which if approved starting September 1st (and cancelling existing one) will allow her to stay longer in Australia?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
K

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,
I am seeking your guidance here in my mom's case:
  • My mom has her first visa approved between 28 April 2016 to 28 oct 2017
  • She came in Australia on 5th August and stayed for 11 months 10 days, she is planning to come again in September this year
  • Her existing visa has 4 conditions mentioned in email text under Conditions section:
    • 8101 - NO WORK
    • 8201 - MAX 3 MONTHS STUDY
    • 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY
  • Her approval email has an attachment as well and has below conditions in there:
    • Condition 8558: “The holder must not stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any period of 18 months”

I am concerned about condition 8558. This condition is not mentioned in email text however mentioned in the attachment. Is this applicable for the current visa since this visa is valid only for 18 months?

Can I apply for a new visa now, which if approved starting September 1st (and cancelling existing one) will allow her to stay longer in Australia?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
K
As the Condition 8558 mentions she will have to leave the country. Technically she can stay for 20 more days if she visits again on the same visa. There would be a cooling period of 6 months (not mentioned in visa but this topic has been discussed in several threads).
My mother is having the same problem, she will leave in 11 months 15 days and we can apply for her visa only after 6 months. Generally Next time when you apply she will get 3 years instead of 18 months but same condition applies. As soon as 12 months done in last 18 months cool off for 6 months and come back. Unless you have applied for PR for her (which is an expensive option) she will not get bridging visa.

Reactions: verynewuser
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.