Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I would really appreciate if you can help me. I've booked a premium service for my FLR(M) extension next month - June 12. Now Im getting it all ready. My questions are:

1. Financial requirement is 18,600. As its an extension of my current FLR(M) visa, Im working and my salary alone already met the requirement. In the form and docs to be provided, can I just rely on my salary without combining it my wife salary though she is my sponsor? The form did say 'and/or'.

2. I thought it would be better to have combined salary in my application with my wife. However the situation get a bit tricky. For the past 2 years she is working full time job with full hours like permanent however its without a contract and classified as more as freelance and self employment. Only starting Feb this year, she got contracted.Therefore, to provide the docs for the application next month it would be combination of self employment of 2 months (Dec - Jan) and permanent employment (Feb - May). To proof for the permanent employment, its pretty straight forward however we are worried on the self employment bit. What are the docs required? That's why we were thinking if just my salary alone will be sufficient, thatd be easier and straight forward. So.... help? Any advise please.

3. We are going for premium service to renew the visa. Im aware that I have to pay GBP 1,049. Then I got to find out that the newly imposed Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) that I probably need to pay too. Can I confirm that even with FLR(M) extension, I still have to pay this? Is it just for new application of the first part? I'm working in the UK, paying tax for the last 2.5 years already and I have to pay another GBP 500? :eek:

I would really appreciate anyone comment or advise on this. It would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Shaw

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hi,

I would really appreciate if you can help me. I've booked a premium service for my FLR(M) extension next month - June 12. Now Im getting it all ready. My questions are:

1. Financial requirement is 18,600. As its an extension of my current FLR(M) visa, Im working and my salary alone already met the requirement. In the form and docs to be provided, can I just rely on my salary without combining it my wife salary though she is my sponsor? The form did say 'and/or'.

2. I thought it would be better to have combined salary in my application with my wife. However the situation get a bit tricky. For the past 2 years she is working full time job with full hours like permanent however its without a contract and classified as more as freelance and self employment. Only starting Feb this year, she got contracted.Therefore, to provide the docs for the application next month it would be combination of self employment of 2 months (Dec - Jan) and permanent employment (Feb - May). To proof for the permanent employment, its pretty straight forward however we are worried on the self employment bit. What are the docs required? That's why we were thinking if just my salary alone will be sufficient, thatd be easier and straight forward. So.... help? Any advise please.
If you meet the requirement on your own that's fine and your wife's info is not necessary.

3. We are going for premium service to renew the visa. Im aware that I have to pay GBP 1,049. Then I got to find out that the newly imposed Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) that I probably need to pay too. Can I confirm that even with FLR(M) extension, I still have to pay this? Is it just for new application of the first part? I'm working in the UK, paying tax for the last 2.5 years already and I have to pay another GBP 500? :eek:
Yes you need to pay the NHS Surcharge. It is not just for new applicants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.